Ideas for road/cyclo-cross/gravel mid-drive e-bike?

Sauleil

Hi,

I currently have a DeVinci cyclo-cross bike and I really like the position. But it's not electric.

Since I moved, I have a 30km trip to get to my job. It's really fun and all but it's taking too much time (wind and hills) and I want to be able to keep a good top speed to shorten the commute.
I found some bikes like the cannondale Neo 1 but I was wondering if some people here had other similar bikes and what you would suggest. I don't know much about e-bike so any help would be appreciated.

I'm interested in a mid-drive and light bike since I want to be able to pedal without any assistance. Also, I was looking for something around 3000$ (that was my initial budget and can go probably to 5k)

Thanks!

---
Edit: I live in Canada

Hi,

I currently have a DeVinci cyclo-cross bike and I really like the position. But it's not electric.

Since I moved, I have a 30km trip to get to my job. It's really fun and all but it's taking too much time (wind and hills) and I want to be able to keep a good top speed to shorten the commute.
I found some bikes like the cannondale Neo 1 but I was wondering if some people here had other similar bikes and what you would suggest. I don't know much about e-bike so any help would be appreciated.

I'm interested in a mid-drive and light bike since I want to be able to pedal without any assistance. Also, I was looking for something around 3000$ (that was my initial budget and can go probably to 5k)

Thanks!

---
Edit: I live in Canada

Cannondale Neo 1 would work well and so does other offerings from Trek.
I hope you find a bike that you're looking for.

Canadian winters can be hard on a bike and are you planning to commute year round in Montreal?

Most E-bike batteries would lose range when the outside temperature dips below ~45F and this cuts your range by 25% to 40% as the temperature gets lower.

When we designed our Zen samurai, we thought of riders like you and I think Zen Samurai would be an optimal choice for you because of the belt drive (especially during the Canadian winters with road salt on the ground) and the ability to run dual battery and Bosch speed drive on a bike.
You can read more about them here:

Perhaps you could visit us in Halifax sometime around Oct/Nov during our product launch. Our organization in Canada will go live in a few months and feel free to reach out to us if we can help in anyway.

Thanks for your answer, and for the winter, I intend to use it from spring to autumn (around april-october)

The trek seems really nice, but a little bit too pricey for me.

You product seems really interesting. I'll keep an eye on it.

sounds like you want a drop bar gravel bike. what i like: Specialized Creo SL, cannondale topstone neo lefty, cannondale synapse neo, yamaha wabash. but i think the new yamaha civante is a really great value. it's not specifically made to be a gravel bike but it can fit gravel tires and it has a class 3 capable motor.

The Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty3 is way over his price ceiling (I know, I just bought one).

I think the Yamaha ebike line is a good one, but the drawback is they don't sell ebikes in Canada.....yet.

Back