I ordered Xpeak

Got mine yesterday. The box was huge!! A storm was rolling in here, I am in an RV, so my only option was to unpack it quick and get it in the back of my truck. Got it done just as the rain rolled in.
A few cups of coffee and then out to start the assembly!

Rode my Xpeak for the 1st time today.
15 miles total. Torque is adequate for my needs.
Seat needs upgrading. I did hit my right toe on the on the tire while turning and pedalling. Too bad. The pedals are used for pegs as much as used for propulsion.
So I must be careful.
Some things I would change if I could:
I would lower PAS 1 top speed to maybe 5 mph. It is closer to 15 mph. The cadence sensor moves me faster at PAS 1 even with minimal pedal speed than I want.
I would also max the throttle to the PAS level.
I already R&R the handle bars. I installed Evo Brooklyn with integrated basket. I made a bracket that mounts using the fender bolt for the headlight.
Jury is out on the headlight. Not sure it illuminates well enough to suit me.
That's about it. Everything worked.
Looks good, feels good, mileage at 80% throttle looks to be 20 plus miles.

Rode my Xpeak for the 1st time today.
15 miles total. Torque is adequate for my needs.
Seat needs upgrading. I did hit my right toe on the on the tire while turning and pedalling. Too bad. The pedals are used for pegs as much as used for propulsion.
So I must be careful.
Some things I would change if I could:
I would lower PAS 1 top speed to maybe 5 mph. It is closer to 15 mph. The cadence sensor moves me faster at PAS 1 even with minimal pedal speed than I want.
I would also max the throttle to the PAS level.
I already R&R the handle bars. I installed Evo Brooklyn with integrated basket. I made a bracket that mounts using the fender bolt for the headlight.
Jury is out on the headlight. Not sure it illuminates well enough to suit me.
That's about it. Everything worked.
Looks good, feels good, mileage at 80% throttle looks to be 20 plus miles.
Nine times out of ten when I see about a person hitting toes on the front bicycle wheel when turning they have a motorcycle background. On a motorcycle, the middle of your foot (arch area) rests on the pegs. On a bicycle the ball of your foot is placed on the pedal. By placing the ball of your foot on the peddle the circular motion of peddling becomes smoother and more efficient especially when your seat is adjusted high enough for proper leg extension and it places your foot further back where it will clear the front tire when turning (unless you have size 16 shoes then you are just too big for a standard bike)

Back