I need help

Rkpine

I bought an ebike conversion kit, 48v 1000 watt rear wheel with LCD. I removed the pins from a wire connector from the brushless hub motor to the controller. When I replaced the pins in the connector, I messed up. I switched red and black and on the 3 pin row yellow and blue. When i eventually built the battery 50.2 v 20ah, I turned everything on and the bike does not work, does not light up the lcd. I found the problem when I replaced the controller with a new one. I do not know what I could have blown up. I assumed it was the controller. Could it be the LCD? (SW900) or did I wreck the motor? How do I fix this. I am determined. Thanks for the help. Rkpine

I bought an ebike conversion kit, 48v 1000 watt rear wheel with LCD. I removed the pins from a wire connector from the brushless hub motor to the controller. When I replaced the pins in the connector, I messed up. I switched red and black and on the 3 pin row yellow and blue. When i eventually built the battery 50.2 v 20ah, I turned everything on and the bike does not work, does not light up the lcd. I found the problem when I replaced the controller with a new one. I do not know what I could have blown up. I assumed it was the controller. Could it be the LCD? (SW900) or did I wreck the motor? How do I fix this. I am determined. Thanks for the help. Rkpine
Sounds like you need a New connector. Probably damaged the Pins even if it doesn't appear you did :

If you replaced the controller, you may have damaged the hall sensors inside the motor. Just a guess. This is a good blog (brand blog) about what hall sensors are and do.

And

More

Was it this 2x3 connector? Goes to the motor. Red and Black. That's +/- 5 volts. The other three wires are to sensors in the motor. There's not enough power in there to generally smoke a controller. Even if you blew out the 5 volt power, the SW900 still should power up.

The LCD doesn't need a live controller to power up. All it needs is battery/ground to the right leads. And since it's not turning on, something else is wrong.

Have you got a multimeter yet? Get one. When you do, unplug the LCD connector.
Five pins. Red, Blue, Black, yellow Green?
Make sure you have +48 to 54 volts across Red and Black.

Back