I joined the Optibike Clan Too!

Greg A

I Ordered a Pioneer Allroad this past weekend.

They won't have them to ship to me until July though!
I can't wait... it's gonna' be like waiting for Christmas when I was a "younger" kid (I'm 61 now)!

Congrats! Very dependable and lots of fun.
I've been reading your posts/experiences with your bike before signing up as a member on here -
- they've been really helpful for me to learn more about this bike too, so thanks!

Welcome Greg:
You are going to love the Allroad. I don't know if you've got hills in your neck of the woods, but if you do, rest assured; this whip is a climbing fool.
I've only put about 600 miles on the clock of my Grey Ghost since last Fall, but I rode him as much as I could this past Winter, as I got some studded Hakkapelliitas. Enjoying the nice weather now, though it's supposed to hit 31º F tonight.
I'm a bit of a nut-job, so I changed out the pedals, grips, and saddle, but Optibike did a nice job choosing good components here. And the electrical stuff is clearly top shelf.
Waiting 'til July is gonna' be a challenge, but it will be worth the wait I'm sure.
Glad to have another happy Allroader (Allroadist?) in the croo'.
Happy trails/Allen

Kind words there, Reddy.
Good to hear about how it handles the hills - it's one reason I chose it.
Lots of hills here in Puget Sound country, so I'm looking forward to putting it to good use!
What part of the world are you in?

I'm in the quiet corner of Connecticut. My commute takes me from Falls Village by the banks of the mighty Housatonic River to beautiful downtown Lakeville (pop. 928). I have three different ways to get to work, which I would characterize as hilly, hillier, and hilliest. Hillier is right behind my cottage and the shortest of the three, so that's the way I go.
The Grey Ghost climbs Brinton Hill Rd. from either side without even using the granny chainring.
So I start out with a half-mile climb of around 260 feet, then a spine-tingling descent, a couple miles of relatively flat terrain, and finally up and down the rest of the way in to work, where I fix broken Mac computers.
Allen

We are spread out all over...prob not much chance of a group ride. We will have to keep the message boards updated. Greg get your bike already!

Reddy;
That's pretty country for a commute.
My wife's family is in the South County part of Rhode Island, so I get back to your neck of the woods on occasion. I always look forward to it.
Good to hear about the hill capability - we have a lot of them as I mentioned.

Grench;
Believe me, I'm anxious to get it!
Maybe we'll all meet in the middle of the continent nearer you someday for a group ride!

Yeah, it is nice country for bike commuting. I see more cows than cagers on my route. And the cagers—bless their hearts—wave at me (and I'm pretty sure they're not giving me the one finger salute.) Smooth roads too. I feel like I died and went to heaven, now that I've gotten a bike that can climb.
Allen

Back