I hate to say it, but almost everyone may be a "cheater" these days...

Movie Star

I'm well over 100 years old (not really). I remember back in the early 20th century when the horse was "the king of the road". As new modes of transportation improved life for humans and horses, an occasional horse rider would shout "GET A HORSE" to automobile drivers AND bicycle riders. Next person who calls me a cheater or says it's not a real bike, will receive my new response which will be ::Get a horse!:: Care to join me? 🤣😂

As a pedestrian, I shout "CHEATER" at kids on skateboards, regular bicycles, you name it. I don't discriminate. I might also have tourette's or autism. /s

Horses & buggies are all around me at my summer camp. The Amish bought land in the neighborhood. It's nice to be faster than somebody for a change. A horse may outrun me for a mile (one young man galloped around my corner 7/3, without the hat) but over 7 miles I'm faster. Even without electricity.
The children have spoked big wheel scooters coming home from school. No pedals or deraileurs.

Search 'cheater" . Do we need another thread?

I'm well over 100 years old (not really). I remember back in the early 20th century when the horse was "the king of the road". As new modes of transportation improved life for humans and horses, an occasional horse rider would shout "GET A HORSE" to automobile drivers AND bicycle riders. Next person who calls me a cheater or says it's not a real bike, will receive my new response which will be ::Get a horse!:: Care to join me? 🤣😂
In a very real sense a bicycle reduces the effort to move any distance by more than 80% as compared to walking so all cyclists are cheaters if one wants to look at it that way. Using narrow 700c tires on a 20# road bike could be viewed as cheating by someone on a fat tire cruiser who is grunting their way up a small hill (or getting off and walking to the top). Cyclists using sewup tires looked down on riders with clinchers. It is one of the less admirable aspects of human nature.

I ride a Regular as well . My riding buddies know I can go 50 miles in a day on that . So when They call My E-bike Cheating . I say Yeah and it's a blast . Then zip up a mile ahead to sit and wait :)

Such a good point! Hey, when 5-function calculators came out in the 1970's they were cheating, too, and kids weren't allowed to use calculators at school, even at high school!
I was (probably) the last student of the Warsaw Technology University to use the slide-rule in 1980 because our family was poor and we could not afford buying a scientific calculator. Eventually, my Mom saved some US$18 and I got a used Texas Instruments. Before that, I was praised by teachers for being an ambitious type who chose the hard way :D

I was (probably) the last student of the Warsaw Technology University to use the slide-rule in 1980 because our family was poor and we could not afford buying a scientific calculator. Eventually, my Mom saved some US$18 and I got a used Texas Instruments. Before that, I was praised by teachers for being an ambitious type who chose the hard way :D
Good for you!
Now put away the ebike and go pedal a 1980s schwin and count your cadence on your fingers

Back