Hydra with Street Treads

Cuz Vinny

3FC7EFBC-27E3-4565-AC96-ECB3131363FD.jpeg

Found this pic on FB showing the Hydra on 27.5X2.8 Schwalbe Super Moto X tires. Looks pretty good! These are much wider than tires I was looking at. Might have to switch to these for my street wheels. Performance should be similar but this tire has a little tread to it where as the other set were basically street slicks. These will most likely be a better all around tire.

hah! See? 2.8's FTW :D

I use a 20x2.40 Super Moto X with the Greenguard on my Bullitt. See if you can get your size with the belt. Maybe buy a little flatlessness.

All these posts of pictures showing these awesome paint schemes are hurting my feelings. 😢

I'm just gonna go ride around the neighborhood on my plain ole ordinary brown Hydra and sulk.

Your bike looks sharp. You should post some more pictures of it as a working trail bike.

There are other bikes (an orange one comes to mind) that are so pretty I don't think they'll ever see dirt. :)

(Just kidding Vinny.)

View attachment 94807
Found this pic on FB showing the Hydra on 27.5X2.8 Schwalbe Super Moto X tires. Looks pretty good! These are much wider than tires I was looking at. Might have to switch to these for my street wheels. Performance should be similar but this tire has a little tread to it where as the other set were basically street slicks. These will most likely be a better all around tire.
This is the setup I ordered. The frame was painted the wrong color but I should be picking it up next week hopefully. For now, I'll be riding it in NYC so largely urban riding. The Fox shocks are overkill (I swapped the air shock for a coil-over) but will be taking it on light trails as well and will report back. Ultimately, I'll get another pair of rims with knobby tires.

This is the setup I ordered. The frame was painted the wrong color but I should be picking it up next week hopefully. For now, I'll be riding it in NYC so largely urban riding. The Fox shocks are overkill (I swapped the air shock for a coil-over) but will be taking it on light trails as well and will report back. Ultimately, I'll get another pair of rims with knobby tires.
Bike should haul ass with the Super Moto X tires.

Gotta be honest, theres a couple of things doing my freakin head in on these bikes.......

1. Mixed rotors, i know why they're mixed, but it unbalances the feng shui of the bike.
2. Wires. Sort the fkin wires out.

That is all.

(i'll do a post on wednesday when i finish my cockpit on how to tidy)

Gotta be honest, theres a couple of things doing my freakin head in on these bikes.......

1. Mixed rotors, i know why they're mixed, but it unbalances the feng shui of the bike.
2. Wires. Sort the fkin wires out.

That is all.

(i'll do a post on wednesday when i finish my cockpit on how to tidy)
I ditched the throttle and will be switching to wireless shifting to clean up the wiring on my bikes. Basically just have the brake hoses and display wire, that’s it.

:) Unfortunately I'm going the other direction - adding hydraulic shifting tubes.

But hopefully that will be made up for by very low drive train maintenance in the future when belt becomes available.

Back