Hydra Build Pics???

View attachment 87248

I might know a thing or two about these builds... His and hers, large and small frames and 27.5x3 tires, Magura MT7e brakes, MDRP front rotor, Kindernay IGH

They will be heading down the east coast to Key West and then head northwest to Bellingham, WA and Galbraith Mountain (https://www.wmbcmtb.org/galbraith). So far we have not had a chance to test the bikes on anything other than paved trails at Cape Cod. Stay tuned...

Build quality is excellent. Be patient. Definitely worth the wait...
@Adventure Athlete, I love your handle and logo by the way, tell us how your Hydras ride and feel. Possibly add some of your adventures and pictures to this thread if that is of interest to you.

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...gs-from-your-rides.28252/page-129#post-417598

I think you chose right. They are on the longer side but you can always put a longer stem to get a little more reach. I was thinking of a medium but I am 6’2+ with a 32” inseam so I am perfectly suited to the long top tube/reach.
You must have a long torso, I am much shorter than you with 32" inseam.

Ebiker33, most everyone has a shorter torso than me. My daughter is 5’5” and has a 31” inseam. Man I hope my bank gets here soon. 🙏🏻

That looks cool. Always with you - chain tool and tire inserts on one side, multi tool with bits on the other side.

189505875_306206491085687_7458804175274441021_n.jpg

Are any of these three an EBR members Ebike?

The middle grey Ebike also appears to have a chainring protector, compared to the other two.
I don't remember that being a selectable option....?

Last edited:
looking through the pics the 2 brown with red forks and the titanium blue all have that same chain guard. I think the multicolored Hydra has a different chain because it is a Kindernay. It’s possible the bashguard doesn’t fit.

Last edited:
To be honest I was not impressed with you Miami Fatti looking only at the frame but can say I am surprized how good it looks completed.
The Hydra Behind it is a medium with a cassette and suntour forks and a Mara rear

Last edited:
If it isn't I'm interested in seeing how the cables will be routed, as I've ordered the Kindernay Hub on both Helios bikes I have coming.

If it isn't I'm interested in seeing how the cables will be routed, as I've ordered the Kindernay Hub on both Helios bikes I have coming.
I'm assuming/hoping mostly internal routing for the Helios as its rear is fixed.

I'm assuming/hoping mostly internal routing for the Helios as its rear is fixed.
I don't think there will be a issue with having the hydraulic lines going through the main frame, but I'm wondering how they will be attached (or go through) the chain stay.
I can see one cable for a derailleur or Rohloff going through the chain stay, but I'm wondering if there is enough room for two hydraulic cables.

I'm playing the waiting game along with everyone else. I found this picture of H-238 being used on some cranks and so far this is the only good example I've found of this color. I decided to go with Midnight Blue because I primarily ride at night and wanted a dark color. However, I think it will tend to show off some blue in the direct sunlight. I'm just fantasizing everything now and this thread is my eye candy fix.

Attachments

• cerakoted-h-238-midnight-blue.jpg
    cerakoted-h-238-midnight-blue.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 190
I'm playing the waiting game along with everyone else. I found this picture of H-238 being used on some cranks and so far this is the only good example I've found of this color. I decided to go with Midnight Blue because I primarily ride at night and wanted a dark color. However, I think it will tend to show off some blue in the direct sunlight. I'm just fantasizing everything now and this thread is my eye candy fix.
That would be a very cool color. 👍

I don't think there will be a issue with having the hydraulic lines going through the main frame, but I'm wondering how they will be attached (or go through) the chain stay.
I can see one cable for a derailleur or Rohloff going through the chain stay, but I'm wondering if there is enough room for two hydraulic cables.
I'm currently sanding primer on the same chainstay, there are two cable exits, one on each side, both about an inch long, with the cable gland they're probably 3/4 of an inch, so probably plenty of room.

Back