Hydra Black Details Needed

jharrell

Really interested in the Hydra Black but don't want to commit without more details.

Looks like a great price point to get a full suspension carbon e-bike with Bafang Ultra and Archon / Innotace controller. I want to get a good base that I can improve if needed and it seems to have decent suspension components along with the frame and drivetrain. However there is very little info on WW batteries and how the black will differ along with the controller thats listed at 2000w vs 2300w with profiles. The batteries and the motor / controller are more difficult to upgrade later and I want to make sure I get what I need form the start there.

I think it was mentioned the the Hydra batteries are now made in the US by WW but the black will not be made by WW and have a lower max amp BMS that limits the motor to 2000w, is that accurate? There was talk of WW batteries going to 21700 cells vs 18650, is this related? Can can the controller still be programmed with a cable? I definitely want to be able to adjust the profiles with software myself and one thing that attracted me to WW.

Are fat tires an option along with triple crown forks? The pic on the home page for the Black shows it that way. Wondering what options will be available over all and the price of the upgrades, especially the controller options.

Patiently waiting for more details!

Great idea for a thread jharrell. It may solve my dilemma of how to get some specific questions answered before I order a Hydra Black without taking Pushkar unduly away from focus on previous customers/bikes.

1) Is the frame same as Hydra Pro? If not how different?

2) Battery, thought it was smaller but both are listed as 800wh. Is it interchangeable with Hydra Pro? Different in any way? If so how?

3) I would prefer 27.5x3 tires. What does Black come with?

4) What is round # estimate on shipping cost to CA? (I'm not willing to enter an agreement with 'we will decide later shipping cost'.)

Edit:
5) Price of Arcon X1 2000w upgrade

6) Looks like the battery is 15.38 Ah(800Wh) AND Hydra Pro is showing same as Hydra Black (800Wh) wasn't the previous listing for the Hydra (Pro) at about 17+ Ah?

Last edited:
Just saw the 17Ah number on the Hydra "configurations chart" pictured on WW site.

So, now I'm confused. Is the Hydra Pro batt being downgraded in Ah?

17Ah for the Hydra Pro is what I am expecting which I imagine hasn't changed?

I think shipping is now $250.

Yes, thank you, $250 and $300 are numbers I have seen on the Hydra Pro shipping in the past.

But, Hydra Black, China to Boston for controler upgrade then on to CA - will need to hear Pushkar's price for that. If his cost is $1,000 and he really should be charging that much then I wouldn't be a good customer for the Hydra Black.

Good idea. I just formed up my questions this AM as a result of jharrell's prompting via this thread.

Then I should see if it seems easier for Pushkar to answer questions in this thread rather than individual convos.

yes it is a good idea to speak directly with Pushkar. Please post her if you find out the correct information on the battery size. Pro versus black.

Assuming the bike is being build by Dengfu, the battery size confusion might be their issue. I ordered an E-06 a while back and just before I ordered the battery specs changed from 14 Ah/672 Wh to 12.8 Ah/614 Wh. They told me it was due to cell availability--apparently they didn't expect a re-stock of the cells they were using until 2022 so in order to get bikes out the door this year they're using different cells. It's a bit disappointing, but I figured I'd rather have a bike in hand with a slightly smaller battery than wait any longer.

yes it is a good idea to speak directly with Pushkar. Please post her if you find out the correct information on the battery size. Pro versus black.
Yes I will. As well as any other info I think might be of use to someone.

1. Hydra Black is pre-assembled with 48v battery.
  2. It will be sold with stock bafang motor at the base price point.
  3. The HB 48v battery can only support up to Archon X1 2000W peak. (IIRC that's the same BMS on the Luna apollo / Biktrix bikes etc)
  4. No fat tire option on HB. Really priced as a clean, pre-built, WYSIWYG type bike.
  5. Customization will be limited to the controller upgrade.

Thanks for the info Pushkar,

Not sure about going with a 48v battery, I like the slightly higher top speed and less sag as it drains with 52v. Might want to review the info on the page for the HB, it shows that it has a 52v 800wh battery in the comparison and the pics of a Fat tire version as well.

Thanks for the info Pushkar,

Not sure about going with a 48v battery, I like the slightly higher top speed and less sag as it drains with 52v. Might want to review the info on the page for the HB, it shows that it has a 52v 800wh battery in the comparison and the pics of a Fat tire version as well.
Will fix it ASAP.

Back