Hub Motor Making New Noise

boba7523

Region
USA
Hi All,

I have the Aniioki A8 Dual Motor with about 400 miles on it. This motor has metal planetary gears instead of nylon. I know noises from the hub motor is normal, but today, the front motor started making 2 new noises.
  • The first noise sounds like a slight chirp that only happens at around 28-30 mph and then disappears (~9, 14, 31 second mark)
  • The second noise sounds like a "ohm" sound whenever I let off the throttle and only happens at mid to higher speed also (~11, 16, 36, 40 second) mark. Otherwise, the motor sounds normal.
I've uploaded a YouTube video of the sound. When I touched the motor through the plastic case, it was barely warm. Below is the specification.

Maybe this is normal, but I just wanted to inquire others here just in case so I can catch problems early. Appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-02 211224.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-02 211224.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 17
I cant find out the motor manufacturer, but the spec on those bikes is insane.
300mm discs. 3.5KW UL cert battery, 2KW rear hub, 1.6KW front, climbs 45 degrees.
That thing could whoop a Surron.

I cant find out the motor manufacturer, but the spec on those bikes is insane.
300mm discs. 3.5KW UL cert battery, 2KW rear hub, 1.6KW front, climbs 45 degrees.
That thing could whoop a Surron.
Maybe the Surron X but these Chinese brands overembellish their capabilities. This is my first ebike so I don't have anything to compare it to, but this bike can go up an incline no problem (street riding) and tops at 43-44 mph (GPS verified) with consistent 40 mile range from 80% to 40% battery discharge. Brakes are strong for its speed. Just to put this on record for future users who see this post, the quality of this bike is maybe a grade B (Chinese quality but not terrible).

Back