How to remove rear tire?

Johnitahoe

Got a flat rear tire loosened the hub bolts and the tire still isn't coming out. Do I just give it a good pull? How does the wire going into the rear hub disconnect. John

Hi,

Youtube has some videos on how to remove a rear wheel from a hub driven ebike. I have not done it yet but saw a video that said you undo those two bolts and cut the twist tie(s) supporting the wire that prevents the wheel from coming off.

Got a flat rear tire loosened the hub bolts and the tire still isn't coming out. Do I just give it a good pull? How does the wire going into the rear hub disconnect. John
There´s a sequence, But it is simpler with a dbl. leg kickstand that allows one to rock the bike
the wheel on & off the ground 1) lift chain off chainring & let hang on the bottom bracket.
2) loosen derailleur, not remove 3) Unplug power carefully itś very tight.(Be absolutely sure
the arrows on the plugs aligned when put back together). You can tape a sharpie cap over
the prongs to protect them while wheel is off. 4) loosen axle nuts. Gripping only the flat sides
of the turn it to match the slot & it will drop out. 5) to replace, BE CERTAIN that the washers with the tooth
are mounted from the outside of the slot with the tooth down when bike stands.
pretty simple, huh.🤓

P.S. The video^ shows power-in on the left which is simpler, but both my bikes & many other have
power-in on the derailleur side which can be more difficult. My sequence relates specifically to
the NCM moscow.

Last edited:
Hi Johnintahoe,

Glad you are back on the road! Below is the official step list that we send to customers that contact us at [email protected]

1. Shift the gears to the 3 smallest cog in the back wheel. If your chain is in this position it will make it a lot easier to remove and reinstall the wheel.
  2. Unplug your rear wheel but pulling from the plug housing, not the cable.
  3. Make a crescent wrench a part of your bike tool kit. The rear wheel is held by two bolts, one 18mm and one 19mm
  4. Mind the washers – on each side of the wheel spindle you will have three washers and they go in this order (from outside in): Locking washer, round washer, dropout washer
  5. At this stage, you can remove the wheel and change the tire – make sure your tool kit also includes a tube, tire levers, and a pump
  6. When reinstalling the wheel, place the dropout washer on each side of the spindle and make sure the small metal dropout guides are going in the same direction
  7. Rotate the rear wheel spindle by hand until the flat sides align with the frame dropouts
  8. Put the chain back around the freewheel cogs and slide the wheel back in. Make sure the wheel sits well on the frame that that the tire is centered.
  9. Place the other two washers on the outside of the frame and place the nuts back on the spindle.
  10. Tighten the bolts a little at a time and evenly on each side until they are tight and you can torque them.
  11. Lastly, plug the rear wheel back in (see attached) making sure the arrows on the plug housing are facing each other.

Back