How to correct the speedometer on a 2.0

Smokenbutch

Region
USA
I saw a youtube video on adjusting the P06 setting to 24.5 to be more accurate with the odometer and speedometer for our 2.0 bikes can anyone tell me if this is correct? Or how to set it
thanks

Yes, I am struggling with the same issue. I called Lectric and said it was working and wanted a replacement on the monitor. They said it was in the motor. No one will work on the motor. So my choices were to ignore the fact that I went 20 miles and it registered 10.8 and only went 5-8 mph, or put a bike computer on the bike, or adjust the P06 rating and see if that works. Lectric said that may or may not work. My ? is why doesn't Lectric set that before they ship it out. Here I was thinking They sold a defective product, and much worse, I bought off on it. So nice of them to acknowledge that. Ok, I'll be nice. So off to the grade school track I went. I Hit the + and - button for a few seconds and up popped Setting P01. but I want P06 for tire size. So I hit the on off switch to scroll thru the P setting until I got to P06. I set it at 40 even though the default was at 22 per the manual. Around and around the track I went 4 times. (a mile). Too much, I went 1.5 miles. I eventually narrowed it down to 25.0 before I hit 1 mile on the nose.

So yes, I believe it is 25 point something. It might depend on how inflated you have the rear tire. I believe mine was close to 30psi, recommended for the 2.0 tire.

All of a sudden I was going 10-13 mph instead of 5-8, too. But I can't check that out till I ride with my buddy and we match mph.

All in all, I thought I was doing pretty good for a guy turning 73 to keep up at 5-8 mph with my buddy who was doing 10-13.

Just my thoughts.

Yes, I am struggling with the same issue. I called Lectric and said it was working and wanted a replacement on the monitor. They said it was in the motor. No one will work on the motor. So my choices were to ignore the fact that I went 20 miles and it registered 10.8 and only went 5-8 mph, or put a bike computer on the bike, or adjust the P06 rating and see if that works. Lectric said that may or may not work. My ? is why doesn't Lectric set that before they ship it out. Here I was thinking They sold a defective product, and much worse, I bought off on it. So nice of them to acknowledge that. Ok, I'll be nice. So off to the grade school track I went. I Hit the + and - button for a few seconds and up popped Setting P01. but I want P06 for tire size. So I hit the on off switch to scroll thru the P setting until I got to P06. I set it at 40 even though the default was at 22 per the manual. Around and around the track I went 4 times. (a mile). Too much, I went 1.5 miles. I eventually narrowed it down to 25.0 before I hit 1 mile on the nose.

So yes, I believe it is 25 point something. It might depend on how inflated you have the rear tire. I believe mine was close to 30psi, recommended for the 2.0 tire.

All of a sudden I was going 10-13 mph instead of 5-8, too. But I can't check that out till I ride with my buddy and we match mph.

All in all, I thought I was doing pretty good for a guy turning 73 to keep up at 5-8 mph with my buddy who was doing 10-13.

Just my thoughts.
You are right. I set mine at 24.6 and it is real close with my phone GPS.

This is an internal motor setting (locked out on our displays) but the simple fix is to set P06 to a larger number. In my case I found "24" to track fairly accurately with a GPS odometer.

Forget about the talk about 20 inches. The wheel itself is about 17" and I guess the tire diameter could be 20" depending on inflation pressure. But again, don't worry about it, just set the P06 to 24 and you'll be pretty accurate on the speedo and odometer.
EDIT: No, 22 setting matches Google maps speedo.

Last edited:

Just my thoughts.
Thank you so much for posting this. I was going bananas trying to figure out why my miles were so off!

The Whole Foods is 1.1 miles away. The trip odometer said 0.6 miles!

I just set it for 24 inch tire size and will see if that is more accurate. Another factor is elevation. I am in PHX and it is about 1000 ft above sea level. I think the tire size is going to have to be adjusted for where you live, and the tire pressure. It isn't going to be a one size fits all setting, IMHO.

I have the XP step thru 2.0 white.

Elevation has no effect on distance or time (miles per hour). You got robbed on your science education lol. Bike tire size is totally weird. The size given to a tire is based on the first outer diameter tire size to go on a particular rim size. The fist 20" tire was for children's bikes so those tires were 20". The rim diameter was smaller than the tire but the rim diameter remains the same for the fat tire bikes even though the outer diameter of the tire is much larger than the original kids bike tire. I know it makes no sense at all but the actual tire and or rim size has nothing to do with the designated "tire size" That's why you have to put 23-24" as the tire size to get better odometer accuracy. It will not be exactly accurate anyway just close enough. Same thing with your car, there is a slight difference in the speed-odometer from the real mileage and mph the vehicle has traveled.

Once the motor reaches a max rpm the controller shuts off power. That max rpm is close to 28mph using the stock wheels. Changing P06 just changes the mph display number so the higher number you put in the computation will assume that you travel further each revolution so it will show faster mph and further miles traveled but it doesn't have any effect in actual speed, it just says you are going faster. For accurate speedometer readings you should set P06 to 24 because the stock tire that comes with the bike is actually 24" tall even though the tire size is labeled as a 20" tire. With bicycle tire size the labeled size doesn't reflect the actual size of the tire. It sorta reflects the smallest outer tire diameter that the rim can handle, most tires will actually be larger in diameter for the particular rim. You could put larger diameter 20" tires on the bike to increase speed but I don't believe there's anything larger than the tires that come with the bike. My replacement tires 20" Kenda Craze measure 23" compared to the measured 24" CST tires that are original to the Lectric XP 1.0

Last edited:
Once the motor reaches a max rpm the controller shuts off power. That max rpm is close to 28mph using the stock wheels. Changing P06 just changes the mph display number so the higher number you put in the computation will assume that you travel further each revolution so it will show faster mph and further miles traveled but it doesn't have any effect in actual speed, it just says you are going faster. For accurate speedometer readings you should set P06 to 24 because the stock tire that comes with the bike is actually 24" tall even though the tire size is labeled as a 20" tire. With bicycle tire size the labeled size doesn't reflect the actual size of the tire. It sorta reflects the smallest outer tire diameter that the rim can handle, most tires will actually be larger in diameter for the particular rim. You could put larger diameter 20" tires on the bike to increase speed but I don't believe there's anything larger than the tires that come with the bike. My replacement tires 20" Kenda Craze measure 23" compared to the measured 24" CST tires that are original to the Lectric XP 1.0
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I did some tweaking to my throttle on my XP 2.0 to lower the spring tension. I also tweaked it so it twisted a little farther. Stock it would go 20.1 mph with no head wind and flat ground. Now it will go 24.7 mph, interesting.

So this comment is a couple of months after my first comment, and with some experimentation it looks like setting it to 24.5 gives a pretty accurate odometer (and thus speedometer) reading when compared to GPS.

EDIT: No, 22 setting matches Google maps speedo.

Last edited:
So this comment is a couple of months after my first comment, and with some experimentation it looks like setting it to 24.5 gives a pretty accurate odometer (and thus speedometer) reading when compared to GPS.
I agree. It Worked for me

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I did some tweaking to my throttle on my XP 2.0 to lower the spring tension. I also tweaked it so it twisted a little farther. Stock it would go 20.1 mph with no head wind and flat ground. Now it will go 24.7 mph, interesting.
What did you do to your throttle I'm curious

Back