How to adjust torque sensor to give it less boost

Dfstarman

Assembled a new Neo Jumper and even in Eco mode its too fast, is there a way to adjust to get less of a boost.
I have other ebikes including one with 500 watt motor and this one is too zippy in the lowest mode. Wheel size is set to correctly at 26.

Assembled a new Neo Jumper and even in Eco mode its too fast, is there a way to adjust to get less of a boost.
I have other ebikes including one with 500 watt motor and this one is too zippy in the lowest mode. Wheel size is set to correctly at 26.

Unfortunately, there is no way around.
If you get a newer controller, it's possible. The ECO mode was toned down for 2014 models.

I do think the NeoJumper could benefit by lower levels of boost, but short of changing the controller (which is inside the frame below where the battery connects) the boost is basically a "what you have is what you get".

My work around for high boost is to pedal in lower gears with a higher cadence. I now find myself pedaling more in the 70-80 RPM range.
I also find using the larger front sprocket (42 T) seems to reduce the boost, which makes sense to me since the torque would be reduced on the back sprocket. This is a change in riding style for me, and has taken some adjustment to think about constant RPM. I did purchase one of the Cateye cadence devices for under $30 to help with this. It has had some issues as the alignment of pedal magnet and frame sensor are knocked around by some of the grass on the trails, but that seems like a problem any cadence counter would have.

I'll add that the controller does have external computer programming done at the factory, but despite rumors I've yet to find anyone able to reprogram the controller.

Mike
NeoJumper 2014 26", Colorado

I called BH yesterday and they called me back rather quickly and indicated they had no idea that it was programmed at the factory. If they come out with the blue tooth adapter again next month at Interbike, that allows you to do finite adjustments to PAS. Pain in the butt to have to use my phone but it would solve that issue. and I really don't use the LCD much except to check my speed and mileage and set the PAS usually only once per session if I changed from last time.

I am experiencing alot of boost, with my 2015 Evo Street.

Has anyone resolved the issue of adjusting the pedal-assist down a bit? I have a 2018 Evo City Pro and the assist kicks in too much.

I realize your post was 6 years ago, but did this Bluetooth thing actually happen? Is there a way to tweak/modify the programming of EVO bikes? That would be awesome...
It did happen and it didn't go well. I have one. The app that launched with it is no longer supported.

Back