How is noise from the Bosch CX motor?

AvalancheRun

Region
USA
I've only tested the R&M Homage once, but the Performance Line CX motor noise did stick out. That was the only thing I didn't like about the bike. The standard Performance Line (75 nm) is much quieter, but they don't offer that as an option.
Specialized offer a 90 nm motor that is nearly silent, so with that in mind I don't love the idea of paying so much for a bike that makes extra noise.

Curious if this has been a problem, or maybe a nit for anyone else.

It does make a noise, but I think it's a matter of taste whether or not you like it. I quite like it as it sound controlled and unobtrusive, just a quiet motor sound. My partner's Gazelle with a Shimano motor is, I think, barely audible ever, which I would like too. I wouldn't worry too much, but it depends on your sensitivity to these things.

My SuperCharger 2 High speed has an audible noise - a slight “whine” but I don’t really hear it now.

My wife’s Multicharger Mixte (non high speed) is definitely quieter.

My Specialized Turbo Levo eMTB is virtually silent - it’s incredible.

My noise sensitivity is unfortunately high a lot of the time. :(

I will be picking up my 2023 Gazelle C380 order this week or next. It isn't quite Specialized-level quiet from the motor alone, but very close and the belt makes it really quiet overall. The lack of noise stood out on test rides.

The shop has a beautiful Homage with enviolo and CX motor that I plan on riding again before completing the Gazelle purchase. Loved every other aspect of this bike.

My noise sensitivity is unfortunately high a lot of the time. :(

I will be picking up my 2023 Gazelle C380 order this week or next. It isn't quite Specialized-level quiet from the motor alone, but very close and the belt makes it really quiet overall. The lack of noise stood out on test rides.

The shop has a beautiful Homage with enviolo and CX motor that I plan on riding again before completing the Gazelle purchase. Loved every other aspect of this bike.
You should be happy with the latest Gazelle! Motor noise? One gets used to it, especially as the wind during the ride dampens most of the bike noise!

Just to update, I rode the Rohloff Homage and did not find the noise to be annoying at all today. My wife commented on it, but I was too transfixed by this awesome machine.
The bike reminded me of a Porsche Taycan but better, immersive ride and much more polished interface/software.

Surprisingly I loved the sound of the Rohloff gear changes too. Heard some comments about noise in certain gears, but maybe I didn't hit those gears.

In any event, the Homage was $11k and that's exactly how I wanted it spec'd. So I went Gazelle C380 and am very happy. It feels like an R&M light.

Next bike without a doubt will be R&M!

Till then guys. You're a lucky bunch...

Back