Himiway brakes

I went from mechanical to hydraulic.
So far I have not seen any downside.
Did you buy the Juintech / Bolton e bike hydraulic break - which seem to be relabeled as Bolton? I might be incorrect about them being identical. Some seem to claim little difference between the mechanical disc vs this hydraulic conversion. And I wonder if a rotor replacement is necessary with the switch?

It has been awhile since I have installed cut-outs on brakes. It is just not a needed feature. More messy wires. These cut-out levers were developed back in the days of front hubs with throttles so you didn't eat it, and they are now a legacy vestige. Just do not go and stop at the same time. Both types of disc brakes have upsides and it depends on what you want the build to achieve. I removed the hydraulic brakes from my Specialized and the 1x11 drivetrain to go with mechanical discs and a 1x9. This setup is more dependable, stronger and cannot develop vapor lock on a decent. It also let me put a gravel setup on a nice electric 29er mountain bike with an air fork without breaking/braking the bank. Some bikes I upgrade the other direction. But most regular riders do not know how to bleed brakes. DOT 4 has vapor dissolved in it and is a pain to deal with.

Another thing to note, if you are to get any Tektro or Shimno hydraulic brake from AliExpress or wherever, you will need to get a right connector or solder right connector for motor inhibitor.

Bolton and Electro Bike World's Shimano full hydraulic already comes with that connector.

Does Himiway brake have same 2 pin connector as Rad Power?
Thanks for that heads up.

You're welcome.
The 2 pin connector is usually red, and they're usually manufactured by Julet or Higo.
People here on EBR confirmed that Julet and Higo connectors are interchangeable.
They are slightly different, so better to get the right ones, but they are interchangeable.
I don't know if Himiway has the red 2 pin connectors though?
Image result for 2 pin higo
It’s about time I figure that out!

Back