Hi there from Chester & North Wales UK

Riftzoner

Region
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for letting me be part of the group. I own a Vitus E-Sommet VRS & ride everything from trail to full on gnarl! I’ve been riding mountain bikes since the early eighties & have ridden all over the UK, France, Spain, the Canary Islands, Balearic islands, Corsica & booked to ride Canada & New Zealand. I still ride & love my calorie powered bikes (Santa Cruz Bronson & BMC Fourstroke) but have been known to dabble in the ‘dark side’ on my two Giant TCR’s & Kuota Kharma road bikes.
The main reason for joining, I’ve developed a paranoia of suffering the dreaded e010 error code on my Shimano e8000 powered bike & therefore seeking reasons & solutions to the problem for which I can’t find a definitive answer.

One thing Fakebook is still useful for (despite the privacy issues) is group problem-solving. While this group didn't solve my dreaded E010 issue, it does seem to be helping some folks. At the very least, it's educational...

I think you'll need to join the above group to read the posts, but you won't to peruse E010 discussions on eMTB Forums:

Personally, I just spent a month's mortgage on a new motor after scouring those and other sources. I tried umpteen different remedies that worked for others...

One thing Fakebook is still useful for (despite the privacy issues) is group problem-solving. While this group didn't solve my dreaded E010 issue, it does seem to be helping some folks. At the very least, it's educational...

I think you'll need to join the above group to read the posts, but you won't to peruse E010 discussions on eMTB Forums:

Personally, I just spent a month's mortgage on a new motor after scouring those and other sources. I tried umpteen different remedies that worked for others...
I know what you mean, have several friends who have all had the dreaded e010. One had to buy a new motor from Shimano on apart ex deal as it was out of warranty. First ride out he suffered a e020 error Code. Another friend whose bike was lucky enough to still be in warranty when he suffered e010, Shimano changed the motor which made no difference, they then changed the battery & main electrical harness, currently his bike is okay. Basically there seems to be no definitive answer ?

Back