Hi from New Hampshire

Thanks gent's! I'm in the Seacoast of NH, plenty of hills around here for sure! Looking forward to a fresh start on the pedals, it's been a while.

I'm a newbie also. Just got my first bike a couple of weeks ago, a Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD. I live just east of Manchester NH.

Awesome, glad to see some fellow New Englander’s around here. I rode a bunch of bikes yesterday including Haibike, Izip & Surface 604 but couldn’t make up my mind enough to commit. Decisions, decisions!

I bought my Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD for just over $3,000. It is the fat tire model with 750-1000 watt mid-drive motor, 48/19.2 battery, hydraulic brakes, fenders, rear rack and light. Also, Roshan the owner of Biktrix is great to work with.

Thanks Ed, I've looked at Biktrix as well, good looking products but I'm trying to decide if I want more fitness or more fun, aka class 1 pedal vs class 3 with a throttle. The fun side of me wants both, have you ridden your bike on any trails yet? I used to ride Massabesic frequently about 15 years ago when we rode all the time, fun trails there.

As you were writing your post yesterday, I was riding on the Massabesic trails and Tower Hill. I live about a mile from the trails. I used to bike a lot in the past; however, over the past two years I've had two knee replacement and having the ability to power up a hill is not an option now. Going up a fairly steep climb in the wood is an option now without an ebike. I put the bike in level 3 and I'm able to climb. You need some power to do that. I weigh 200 lbs and did not want to be underpowered. I find the throttle particularly useful when I first get on the bike and starting. These bikes weigh between 55 and 65 lbs. If your on a slight incline stopped and you want get moving with one push and start peddling, that does not happen that easily and if your at a stop light and want get moving quickly that does not happen easily either. I usually start on level one push the throttle a little just to get momentum and i'm off. I have not used the throttle other than for staring up and I'm happy I have it.
A level one ebike may help your ride at Hampton Beach, but if you would like to be out in the woods with some inclines, i'd suggest you would need more power. I have in the past rode my bike from Auburn to Northwood Lake up Route 107, a couple of times each summer. And if you know that route, in my opinion, a class one is not going to power anyone up those hills. More power gives you more riding options. I can work my butt off and peddle my ebike at level zero with no assistance and go maybe five miles on the railroad bed trail from Manchester or I can peddle at level one and ride from Manchester to the seacoast. If you'd like to see my bike and take it for a ride, I probably only live 30 minutes from you. We can ride the Massabesic trails. Let me know and we can arrange it.

Ed, great points all around that I hadn’t thought of. I do know that route & agree that I’d be suffering if I was on a class 1 bike, I hadn’t thought about it that way until you mentioned it.

Super generous offer & if you wouldn’t mind I would love to see your bike in person, that’s really nice of you & I appreciate it.

Hi New Hampshire guys
just bought an E Bike 2020 Specialized 3.0 I live off of Country Side Blvd Manchester NH.
Have gone on 4 rides very happy with the bike.
My routes are Hackett Hill to either Goffstown Hookset Rd or to South Bow Rd and out to Dunbarton and beyond or out to New Boston.
Plan on doing Wallace Rd to the top of Mt Uncanoonuc.

Attachments

• IMG_0779 2.JPG
    IMG_0779 2.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 372
Back