Hi and ‘help!’ from 2 ebike newbies!

Texacat

Eek! We have purchased 2 Wallke X3 Pro ebikes! One arrived Friday and the other is due later today...they look stunning! unfortunately they come with very little in the way of literature for ebike novices such as us and we are very rusty old cyclists!
I know I know! perhaps we should have gone to an ebike store to purchase bikes and get all the support they can offer - fair point! but these bikes were an impulse purchase after seeing one in person recently when we were in the market for a ‘2 seater moped or something’ to use as transportation while traveling/hooked up in our new (to us) RV. Suddenly the ebike option that we weren’t really familiar with seemed to check all the boxes and we learned that they are only sold direct...so now please forgive me for selfishly expecting lots of help/recommendations and advice on setting up these beasts!!! I realize unlike us that most ebikers have come from an in-depth and knowledgeable bicycling background.......we have tried sourcing info videos to learn the necessary but finding little to help with our specific bikes.
If anyone can direct me to any videos that are specific to Wallke that would be great! We have found and watched all the ones through the usual searches, just wondering whether there are any actual ‘setting up’ ones lurking out there?
Ok, so regarding necessary equipment- Firstly what sort of ‘pump’ is best for the shocks and the tires? - same piece of apparatus we presume? power or manual?
Recommendations of mudguards, baggage racks, security locks and traveling covers for an RV bike rack
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
from 2 ‘wannabe’ ebike warriors!
8E31DD85-E598-4875-A0ED-705A73BE4AC1.jpeg

Attachments

• CDF61AB2-8FF4-45FA-A599-13E0001F1E32.jpeg
    CDF61AB2-8FF4-45FA-A599-13E0001F1E32.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 357
Welcome to EBR Texacat. There is a wealth of information on this site with plenty of help. I’s important for you to seek out a bike shop, preferably close to you that is willing to service your bike. Some riders can service their bikes while others need the help of a professional. Usually you can get all the information and personal help right on this site. Youtube is also extremely helpful when servicing your bike. Look at multiple videos to try and understand what it is that you have to do. Don’t forget, we all start somewhere. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If your bike did not come with a manual, like most bikes these days, then go to their website and you can download it. In time, you will be able to take care of all your basic maintenance needs. In the meantime, have fun riding and don’t worry, even on the road, other riders are so helpful, that if you do break down, usually someone will stop and offer you a hand. Good luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome Bigal1463!
Wallke doesn't have anything like a manual to download (at least nowhere that I could find anyway!)....... I stumbled on this website as a result of googling for help - so I shall post to the Wallke forum and see if I can get some direct help from them.
happy trailing!

Welcome to the hobby.
You set the pressure on your suspension cylinders so they hold you at your weight in the middle of the travel. Too much or too little you get no action when you hit a bump.
People don't ordinarily haul cargo on full suspension bikes. The rear cargo bag shown on the wallke website today has swivels in the up strut and also the one that attaches to the seatpost. that is pretty special & rare. You had best check their blog forum or facebook page to see where they got it.
My local bike shop is an hour bike ride and 2.5 hour bus ride, so I don't expect any service from them. I do everything, mostly with tools I carry in a kids pencil box in my pannier bag. Park has a lot of cool service videos: there are others. My advice today, wax that pretty frame first thing. then oil the chain shifter handles and pivots, cables, seat fasteners, suspension pivots, crank, everything steel that moves. I use type F or A ATF (not dexron compatible) in an eagle pump oiler, and let the stuff drip on the ground. My bike has been out in the rain a lot for 2 2/3 years and hasn't rusted yet. My chain lasted 5000 miles, you should be able to equal that since you also have a geared hub motor. Most of the wax lube, teflon lube, and weekly chain clean fanatics are getting less mileage.
Check your brake settings that you can stop fast, and a 2nd lock nut on both axles both sides prevents that from coming loose. Counter torque the 2nd nut about 40 ft lb on the front and about 30 on the electric axle.
Try to twist the handlebar against the wheel first thing. that bolt was too loose on the schwinn I bought in 1986 and the bike threw me when it slipped when I hit a pothole. 8 stitches in the e-room.
Tap all the spokes with a screwdriver they should all ring with the same pitch. Loose ones will thud. Many brands these days have machine tightened spokes and they are not very accurate.

Eek! We have purchased 2 Wallke X3 Pro ebikes! One arrived Friday and the other is due later today...they look stunning! unfortunately they come with very little in the way of literature for ebike novices such as us and we are very rusty old cyclists!
I know I know! perhaps we should have gone to an ebike store to purchase bikes and get all the support they can offer - fair point! but these bikes were an impulse purchase after seeing one in person recently when we were in the market for a ‘2 seater moped or something’ to use as transportation while traveling/hooked up in our new (to us) RV. Suddenly the ebike option that we weren’t really familiar with seemed to check all the boxes and we learned that they are only sold direct...so now please forgive me for selfishly expecting lots of help/recommendations and advice on setting up these beasts!!! I realize unlike us that most ebikers have come from an in-depth and knowledgeable bicycling background.......we have tried sourcing info videos to learn the necessary but finding little to help with our specific bikes.
If anyone can direct me to any videos that are specific to Wallke that would be great! We have found and watched all the ones through the usual searches, just wondering whether there are any actual ‘setting up’ ones lurking out there?
Ok, so regarding necessary equipment- Firstly what sort of ‘pump’ is best for the shocks and the tires? - same piece of apparatus we presume? power or manual?
Recommendations of mudguards, baggage racks, security locks and traveling covers for an RV bike rack
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
from 2 ‘wannabe’ ebike warriors!
View attachment 64001

There is a wallke forum (just search "wallke") There are great mods by users Rizzo20 and Craig - check them out.

Rack and Fender I've decided to go with Ibera rack (frame mount not seat post) along with the Radrover 5 fender kit as it has a bracket that will help reach down to the hole at the bottom.

I've added a handle bar riser, for a more upright ride

Seat: horrible, I pulled my cushy Raleigh seat of my cruiser and moved it to the Wallke, now its a Cadillac - don't be afraid to let a little air out for smooth ride and traction - its an ebike with a big battery so while it will effect range its not a big deal. Did an all day ride - 40 miles from home across the golden gate bridge and off-roading through the marin headlands and back with 10% battery left.

Think about two lock types (like heavy chain and D-type lock - kryptonite) The wallke is a showy bike turns heads - so having your locks high and visible to the frame and wheel (vs locking low on the ground) is best so any thief would need to stand vs kneel. Good luck.

Last edited:
Congrats Texacat! Pretty bike. Many great miles to you both.

My number one best accessory, no questions asked, is a mirror. You won’t believe the difference it makes to be able to see what coming behind you. Just like driving, imagine not having a mirror while you’re behind the wheel. I have been using Mirrycle brand for years but there’s many options out there.

Back