Help whit possible hydra buy (or alternative)

Limmet

Region
Europe
Hey!
I have an old cheap xc that I built an electric bike from, it weighs around 70 pound and I ride technical trails and a bit downhill with it. Really not built for downhill, but tested once it's was so fun that i cant stop, even though the bike feel like it should break 😄

so I'm looking for an e mtb that is more build for terrain, and preferably one that can withstand a little downhill.
do you guys think that the watt wagons hydra is a good choise if you choose the slightly more expensive dampers?
(I want 1500w or more)
Hope that its at least better than my current hard tail with hub drive😄
Or is it any better option?

the question is if i already now should buy a real dh, or a hydra ..
I would get so much more training done with the hydra, this as I unfortunately do not live near a hill with a lift ..
(Im used to have 1600w now, so i dont want to get at dh e bike whith 250w..)
Had little hope that it would work with a small dh competition with the hydra, if you disconnect the battery.
Absolutely understand that it is not optimal, but hey, I am a total beginner and do not expect to win competitions anyway for a while😄

another question, my current one works very well for transport as it is a hub drive, ie no wear on the chain and I can use the throttle as I want without caring about which gear i have and so on.
it easily doing 31 mph with throttle only. Anoyone know if the hydra still works so well for transportation so I could sell my current one and replace it whit hydra?

Don't get fixated on any one bike right now. Keep your options open for a bit. Sounds like you are considering competitive riding for your future. If you are serious about that you will have to stay within the parameters allowed for your sport. IF you have the budget to get something like the Hydra for your fun/training bike that is one thing. But if real downhill racing is what you want to do then you will have to have another racing bike. There's nothing wrong with dreaming but if you want to bring it into reality it takes dollars. I could not recommend the Hydra any higher for your non race bike and if you can afford it I'd say go for it!

Check out the Santa Cruz Heckler as well. I thought hard about that one before deciding to go with Hydra.

I though someone posted a Santa Cruz with a removable Bafang motor. I think this might be a good option if you want to ride sometimes with no motor. If you ride with a friend then you could take turns being pack animal for the extra motor: One rides down with no motor/battery, and one rides down with two motors/batteries.

I though someone posted a Santa Cruz with a removable Bafang motor. I think this might be a good option if you want to ride sometimes with no motor. If you ride with a friend then you could take turns being pack animal for the extra motor: One rides down with no motor/battery, and one rides down with two motors/batteries.
I look into it👍

The new stripped down hydra black may be of interest to you. I think Pushkar is saying they are 90 days out. The only upgrade you can get would be the archon controller which is a must in my opinion. My hydra has the 2300 W upgrade and it is a serious amount of power. In third gear, turbo 5 you really cannot keep the front wheel on the ground if you punch it. Honestly I don’t think I need that much power so I am rarely in turbo mode It also eats up the battery Getting the hydra black with the 1000w archon upgrade would be more than sufficient for most people

The new stripped down hydra black may be of interest to you. I think Pushkar is saying they are 90 days out. The only upgrade you can get would be the archon controller which is a must in my opinion. My hydra has the 2300 W upgrade and it is a serious amount of power. In third gear, turbo 5 you really cannot keep the front wheel on the ground if you punch it. Honestly I don’t think I need that much power so I am rarely in turbo mode It also eats up the battery Getting the hydra black with the 1000w archon upgrade would be more than sufficient for most people
Both my bikes are Archon 1000 watts and it is more than enough power. I never use sport mode. I could cruise till my butt fell off at 18 even 20 mph in Eco only.

another question, my current one works very well for transport as it is a hub drive, ie no wear on the chain and I can use the throttle as I want without caring about which gear i have and so on.
it easily doing 31 mph with throttle only. Anoyone know if the hydra still works so well for transportation so I could sell my current one and replace it whit hydra?
a hub drive this fast and powerful is hard to best when it comes to commuting but im sure the Hydra will also be very fast! in the end you may find you like having both hub motor and middrive bikes!

Back