Help whats the Best Cruiser/Bmx type ebike out there ? ? ? ? Soul????

socal2fast

Looking for something well made,upright and comfortable.

Cool and clean looking. Fast and long range.

If this can all fit.

I like the look of the Soul Sonic. But there are sold out for a few months and I don't know if they are over priced for what they are????

Nice ride... here is a recent review from EBR on the Soul Sonic SS.

Summary
  • The Sonic Stomper SS is a premium high-performance cruiser electric bike that combines the style and comfort of a cruiser with performance and aesthetic influences from the worlds of Motocross and BMX
  • Performance is the name of the game here with massive amounts of power from the Bafang 1000-watt mid-drive motor, smooth shifting and riding experience from the Sturmey Archer powered drivetrain, and stellar stopping power thanks to TRP Zurich hydraulic disc brakes with quad-piston calipers and 203mm rotors
  • This Ebike is hand-built in Tempe Arizona and is visually stunning thanks to clean internal routing of all cabling, seamless integration of the battery in the downtube, a plethora of color options that include a color-matched cupholder, and countless other unique design touches
  • The performance focus means a lack of convenience and utility features such as racks, fenders, or integrated lights, this is also a large and heavy bike at 72 pounds and the steep price point may be discouraging for some buyers

Those two styles are the same, cruiser and BMX? I consider a BMX to be 20" wheels, maybe rear foot pegs, and one speed. Cruiser is a 26", upright position, oversized tires, and slow. But what do I know, my teen years started before BMX was invented.

Those two styles are the same, cruiser and BMX? I consider a BMX to be 20" wheels, maybe rear foot pegs, and one speed. Cruiser is a 26", upright position, oversized tires, and slow. But what do I know, my teen years started before BMX was invented.

I agree, very different styles... I think the OP is referring to a hybrid style Cruiser with BMX bars. ;)

1592604947559.png

I agree, very different styles... I think the OP is referring to a hybrid style Cruiser with BMX bars. ;)

One could get a similar bike with Gates belt drive and BBS-HD motor for $1500. Change out the handlebar and brakes for another $200.
Voila .....

1592605357325.png

image.jpeg
I happened to be on their website today and saw this upcoming new model the Sonic Saber. It has a hub drive instead of mid-drive. Priced at $1699.

Back