HELP - Specialized Vado/Como Battery motherboard replacement.

I have a low use Vado 5.0 , less than 1000 miles. Yesterday I went to charge it and a staple (the kind you use on paper) had become attached to the magnetic socket of the Rosenberger connector, and when I plugged it in there was a spark; then Battery would not take a charge. Battery turns on (3 lights of charge, 52% remaining), bike and display operate normally. Although it has low miles, it is more than 2 yrs old and 2 LBS + Spec told me replacement is the only option. (Except, get this, THERE ARE NONE IN STOCK ANYWHERE!). Charger tests normal on another bike.

So, with nothing to lose, I opened the battery case, unclipped the connectors and tested the batteries with VOM. Forunately all the cells are in perfect shape, so the BMS (Battery Management System) board did its job. Unfortunately, it sacrificed itself to protect the battery and the bike.

Now I have a $5000 bike with a dead $1000 battery and no way to repair or replace. Specialized will not sell the motherboard only, and has no idea when more batteries will be in stock.

So here's where you all come in. Someone out there has a dead battery, or a motherboard, that you can't use and I need. I'll send you $100 USD for it. Please help!
Same thing happened to me. Very frustrating that there are no servicable parts inside the batterycase. Hoping for a electrotechnical engeneer who will explore what might be going on. It could be a failing electrical component, worth a few dollars. The batterycells are still okay I believe, giving 3.7 volts each. The range was recently almost 100 km. Used it for five years and about 25000 km. In all of those years I encounterd a failing speedsensor, Blocks display and two TDC displays. Sometimes the battery didnot startup after the first try.

My bike is back from the store. New battery (they had a 504 Wh in stock from production year 2021). The wires of the display were not okay (check yours!) and so they replaced the display aswell. Rides like new and I'm happy again :) Hopefully good for another five years😇

Back