Help me decide - Used 2022 Cannondale left Neo Vs 2021 Trel Domaine HP

bchester12

Region
USA
Got a Cannondale lefty Neo at 2.5k - Used 500miles . Rides across multiple surfaces. Rides like a dream.
Headaches - Cannondale lefty fork regular maintenance plus proprietary 650B wheels.

Vs

Domaine HP - Same Motor at 3k with upgraded carbon hoops - Used 3500 Miles. Mainly an endurance bike with limited Gravel use. Max tire size 38mm but provision for mounting fenders and panniers, comes with extra 500w battery- Much more practical usage , but the the mileage and extra age is bothering me.

================

I can't comment on the Trek, but I can comment on the Lefty, as I've owned one for 4 years.
I'm not sure what you're eluding to when you say the lefty fork will need regular maintenance. Mine bike has just over 10,000km on it and I haven't touched the fork....and it works fine.
Tire selection is less with the 650b wheels and the front hub makes upgrading to carbon wheels more difficult. When I upgraded my wheels to carbon the only company I came across that would build me a set with the lefty front hub was Yoeleo.

I can't comment on the Trek, but I can comment on the Lefty, as I've owned one for 4 years.
I'm not sure what you're eluding to when you say the lefty fork will need regular maintenance. Mine bike has just over 10,000km on it and I haven't touched the fork....and it works fine.
Tire selection is less with the 650b wheels and the front hub makes upgrading to carbon wheels more difficult. When I upgraded my wheels to carbon the only company I came across that would build me a set with the lefty front hub was Yoeleo.
Well .. you decided for me ( 10K ) . I was talking about the Oliver fork which Cannondale ask to be maintained by their special work shop-
).

Max tire size of 38 is a bit of a bummer imo depending on the surfaces that you ride on. 47 is a big difference.

The weight on these bikes is super low for such powerful motors. These are the most powerful Bosch motors which are even used on cargo bikes. :D

Have read the lefty is an increased cost (reliability isn't my #1 criteria at all)

Wouldn't be worried about that mileage on one of these motor systems - is the bike significantly older? With a motor this powerful you will want the option to attach a rack with panniers. At least I would...

Thanks for the link for the Lefty servicing. I'm WAY over the 50 hour mark, so it's probably time to service my Oliver fork.

Back