Help. Can't get shimano downtube 500w battery out

Bufatutu

Got a really nice used e-mtn bike made by Rossignol, I think a one-time thing as they now own Felt Bikes. I had an awful time getting the battery out and had to take the upper and lower rubber shields off. Then I got it in and out. But now I can't get it out again. Not moving at all. I turn the key and push it in and can feel the latch release but the battery doesn't drop out. Its also hard to get a grip on and I can see that the previous owner pulled on the battery's rubber shield, but that provides little leverage. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Its helpful to remove the battery for loading and transporting and also so I can leave the rest of the bike in the unheated garage here in the cold on the north side of the White Mtns in NH. Also bringing the bike in--I'm still riding, as long as there's no snow or ice on the roads or trails--after a ride causes mucho condensation. I'd rather leave the bike out but take the battery in. The bike will also go much further on a sane temperature battery.

Last edited:
Here are the service instructions:
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.03.24 AM.png

Back