Hello to all from Bryan in Melbourne, Australia.

Bruno1708

My primary reason for joining EBR was to gain some insights into the world of EB's. Having recently considered (and gone perilously close to purchasing) a Riese & Muller, I was very grateful to read the threads giving useful feed-back about this and it's German companion bike, the Kalkhoff. We have been riding Trek hybrid bikes for around 15 years and decided to remain with a company that has given us excellent product and excellent after-care service. We're now in the process of negotiating two Trek Allant +7's and would welcome any feedback on what appears, at least on the face of it, an excellent product. Regards to all.

My primary reason for joining EBR was to gain some insights into the world of EB's. Having recently considered (and gone perilously close to purchasing) a Riese & Muller, I was very grateful to read the threads giving useful feed-back about this and it's German companion bike, the Kalkhoff. We have been riding Trek hybrid bikes for around 15 years and decided to remain with a company that has given us excellent product and excellent after-care service. We're now in the process of negotiating two Trek Allant +7's and would welcome any feedback on what appears, at least on the face of it, an excellent product. Regards to all.
Hi Bruno,
Welcome to EBR
There appears to be some issues with the rear hub and battery locks on the Allant models
I suggest you have a look in the Trek forum before you make a commitment

Hi Bruno,
Welcome to EBR
There appears to be some issues with the rear hub and battery locks on the Allant models
I suggest you have a look in the Trek forum before you make a commitment
Many thanks for your suggestion and I appreciate the advice. Certainly food for thought, although I've yet to come across the perfect product. I'll complete some further research and keep my 'normal' trek for the foreseeable future, at least until I'm fully confident, should I decide to proceed with the Allant +7.

I'm also checking out the Merida eSpresso 700 EQ. Shimano drive and also Shimano hub gears. I find the idea of not having to interminably clean the cassette a great attraction. Has anyone experienced "issues"? Regards to all.

Back