Hello I have just joined

Kernel99

Region
USA
Hello, I am enjoying a 2019 Radcity bike. I don't ride a lot of miles. I am getting the bike dialed in. I have a minor handing issue with wheel shake a higher speed (about 20mph). I have checked the tire seating and brought it to a couple of shops to check wheel truing. That all seems to be okay. I believe my wheels are a little out of balance. I just learned about tire balancing beads. They can be used for almost any tire, motorcycle, etc... including tires with tubes. I am going to try adding a small amount of the beads into the tires because It is really easy to do. I guesstimate about 1/2 oz should do it. Has any one tried the balancing beads for their e-bike? Unfortunately it's off season up here in northern Vermont so it will be a while before I know if it's been a success. Have fun and take care

Welcome the the site.
In 63 years of cycling I've never had an issue with a bicycle wheel being out of balance. I have had tires pull off the rim in one spot, due to oversize wire bead. That made a big bump in the contact patch. I have had tires develop lumps due to broken cord. I have had wheels go out of round because a spoke or two broke. Good luck with your beads.
It's 24 degress today, but I still rode out and bought a couple of money orders to pay the bills. Too bad the utilities think they can throw my checks away and deduct from my account electrically without my signature. **** banks now allow that. I'd mail sacks of pennies if it wasn't banned.

Thanks indianajo, I know I have something going on with the bike but I and a few bike shops have not been able to figure it out. The bike has done this since new. I didn't get it from a shop it was online drop ship. It has been very frustrating but I will figure it out eventually. Take care

Back