hello from the five and dime

uppity cyclist

greetings brothers and sisters!

i currently live in oakland and have been a cyclist in the bay area for nearly 35 years now. i worked at the missing link bicycle cooperative in berkeley for most of the 90s where i was a wrench and taught many of our free repair classes, which i loved doing.

i am expecting my very first ebike, a 2020 r&m load 60, later this year!

this bike is a straight-up car replacement - returned my leased electric smart car (which was a great car btw) just the other week and am finally completely car-free. my trusty companion, oliver (a three year old italian greyhound) will be my stalwart companion,getting him off of my back in his wonderful timbuk2 muttmover, for rides up into the hills and longer distances in the flats.

i first understood the importance of ebikes when i was riding in france with a friend a couple of years ago and saw families and older folks riding on hills together where i knew, without ebikes, they never would have been able to spend that time together. that was cool.

i've already surreptitiously benefitted from your good advice and guidance and now hope to be able to share, give back and enjoy being part of the community.

cheers!

i saw that right away - it’s such a great video. after skulking around trying to get info about the new load from german videos and the spanish shop that posted r&m specs early, it was so refreshing to get this. that’s pretty much my configuration, though i’m getting it in the dark grey.

are you keeping an eye out for news from eurobike?

Back