Hello from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

mmp65

Region
Canada
Hello all. I currently live in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan and my wife and I will be purchasing e-bikes in the spring. I am 59 and retired but doing contract work to ease into retirement. I plan to be fully retired by the end of this school year at the end of June 2025. We are in the research phase for e-bikes right now. My wife currently has a Townie bike and will be getting a Townie Go 5i or whatever variant of an IGH they are selling next year. She took one for a test ride a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I have a Trek Marlin 6 but never really off road with my bike so I am looking at a Specialized Turbo Como or Vado. The dealer in Saskatoon we are shopping at is gently suggesting the Como so I will likely go that route. I haven’t ridden either but will do so in the spring when their new stock arrives. I really like the IGH idea as well especially with the belt on the Specialized e-bikes. I haven’t settled on a 3.0 4.0 or 5.0 but the sales person suggested the 3.0 is more than enough bike for most. We will be retiring to Saskatoon which is far less hilly than Prince Albert and we plan to trail ride and make trips to stores etc for a few items with our bikes. We drive a 2023 RAV XSE and had a hitch put on it this week and this fall we will be purchasing an e-bike rack with ramps so we can take and use our bikes wherever we want.
I look forward to our e-bike journey and look forward to being a regular here on the forums. Happy biking all!

Back