Hello from Poland!

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
Hello everyone!
I got attracted to this Forum by reading posts about the Specialized Turbo Vado issues. As a new owner of a 2019 Turbo Vado 5.0, I instantly ran into known issues related to older BLOKS display. Your remarks helped me understand the nature of the problem and soon the Warsaw dealer of Specialized will replace the BLOKS with the new TCD-W display.

Not that I am that new to e-bikes. My first e-bike was a Czech made Lovelec Diadem, a modern-classic hybrid e-bike, rear hub motor, large battery. I bought it to be able to continue my favourite pastime, the bicycle riding when arteriosclerosis made it too tiresome for me to ride a normal bike. Now I can take long trips on the Lovelec at moderate speeds or enjoy fast rides on the Turbo Vado 5.0 S-Pedelec.

Hoping for many interesting threads on this Forum!

Below, my "Knight Rider" ;)

Very nice looking bike! If my local dealer had been able to get me a Vado I probably would have ended up with it, instead of the Giant that I did buy. Ride it in good health!!

The devil is in the detail @Mtl_Biker. One can try buying a bike of any major brand worldwide, yet when it comes to details, it is often so hard to buy exactly what you want locally. Sad but true. You might say Specialized were an U.S. company so Vados should be readily available in North America but the truth is the Turbos are a Swiss product made of Taiwanese components... Easier to get them in The Netherlands than in Montreal I guess.

The devil is in the detail @Mtl_Biker. One can try buying a bike of any major brand worldwide, yet when it comes to details, it is often so hard to buy exactly what you want locally. Sad but true. You might say Specialized were an U.S. company so Vados should be readily available in North America but the truth is the Turbos are a Swiss product made of Taiwanese components... Easier to get them in The Netherlands than in Montreal I guess.
When I wanted to buy (or even look at one) my local Specialized dealer didn't have any e-bikes. And it was already very near the end of our riding season here in Montreal (it's snowing now) and he said he'd have to order 5 (assorted) e-bikes and that he didn't want to carry that inventory over the winter months when there would be no business. I probably could have gotten one elsewhere (even maybe had it shipped to me) but that dealer is a very good one and I wanted to buy something that I could get (good) local support for.

Interesting that the Turbo Vado's are a Swiss product.

I do not know @Mtl_Biker where Specialized Turbos are actually assembled but the design, research and development of all Turbo models (including Levo, Kenevo) is done in Cham, Switzerland. More funny fact is the aluminum Specialized frames are welded in Taiwan...

Besides, you're from a Winter country. Do you think it makes sense to create thread on Winter e-biking or perhaps such thread already exists?

I do not know @Mtl_Biker where Specialized Turbos are actually assembled but the design, research and development of all Turbo models (including Levo, Kenevo) is done in Cham, Switzerland. More funny fact is the aluminum Specialized frames are welded in Taiwan...

Besides, you're from a Winter country. Do you think it makes sense to create thread on Winter e-biking or perhaps such thread already exists?
I'm not sure if such a thread exists or not but there have been various posts about winter riding. More about tire choices than anything else. I'm not going to commute during the winter (30km each way) because of ice and snow, and also the road salt we use here would make a mess of the bike. Many folks who ride in winter keep an old clunker bike just for that purpose, but I'm not going to risk my beautiful e-bike. And with the distance I need to go, plus my age (old!) I wouldn't want to do that without an e-bike. I'll only ride when the roads are bare and dry.

Well, I understand very well what you're saying. My choice is to ride all year round as riding a bike is my sole sports activity and the only way to repair my health. Salt... You got me some thinking. I might use the cheaper of the two bikes I own for the Winter ;-)

Back