Hello from Martinez, California

Simonmacp

Region
USA
Hi there,
I, like many reached a point where I needed a little help to keep my cycling fun. No more long haul hills for me. I bought a used Ecotric Hammer a couple of years ago. It’s been a pretty good bike but the seat to pedal distance seems off. If I set it so that I can touch the ground the seat to pedal is not enough. I have to lean over or get off the seat at a stop. The bike is also too heavy but with a1K motor it moves right along . Time to start looking at other options so here I am.

Attachments

• 4A2B82A3-82E7-4631-AC5D-60F58BAB5FE0.jpeg
    4A2B82A3-82E7-4631-AC5D-60F58BAB5FE0.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 113
Welcome! I am up in the North Bay. I really like (personal preference bias) lightweight bikes that do not look electric and have mid-drives. The proper height of a saddle is when you put your heal on the pedal you knee is locked, but when you put the ball of your foot on the pedal, your knee is slightly bent. With a bike that is 1/2 the weight of the Ecotric stepping off the saddle at an intersection and then back on and launching, is not a problem. Step-trough bikes are one option. Many of us started with starter bikes, learned and progressed, as our tastes and knowledge bases grew over time.

Are you looking for another cruiser with a hub motor, or would you consider a step-through with a mid-drive? And are you happy with wide tires or would you want lighter standard width bicycle tires?

Check out this bike. It is a mid-drive, mid-step with gravel tires.

Attachments

• VidaMidstep3 (2).JPG
    VidaMidstep3 (2).JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 109
I am thinking about a middle of the road mountain bike. I have a Cannondale F600 I really like. I want a lighter frame than the Chinese steel frame . Also not that keen on the wide tires as they get a flat easily. They seem to be about as thick as a standard tire . Just more surface on the ground resulting in more chance of picking up a thorn. Also increased ground resistance.

Just pop a motor on it. Electric bikes like these, don't need to be clunky. You can recycle cycle.
1681749671629.jpeg

1681749829236.jpeg

1681749894472.jpeg

Check out the Marin with a carbon fork. Just pop on a motor and do thru-frame wiring. I might also use a SOMA Condor II bar that rises, drops and flares.
1681764210490.jpeg

Back