Hello from Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

lordalfa

Region
Canada
City
Maple Ridge
Hi.

I'm a new forum user. Nice to see many ebikers here.

I own a Trek Domane+ HP. Upgraded it with ST-785 Di2 shifters with an XTR rear derailleur. Easton 40cm carbon handlebars. Farsports carbon XC wheelset offset rims with Sapim CX-Rays spokes with Schwalbe G-One Speed 35mm. Changed the crank to 160mm for a 52cm frame size.

I am thinking of extending the battery or get a Classified wheelset to get a low gearing options with an 11-34 cassette.

1682482433449.png

Hi.

I'm a new forum user. Nice to see many ebikers here.

I own a Trek Domane+ HP. Upgraded it with ST-785 Di2 shifters with an XTR rear derailleur. Easton 40cm carbon handlebars. Farsports carbon XC wheelset offset rims with Sapim CX-Rays spokes with Schwalbe G-One Speed 35mm. Changed the crank to 160mm for a 52cm frame size.

I am thinking of extending the battery or get a Classified wheelset to get a low gearing options with an 11-34 cassette.

View attachment 152427
Welcome from Delta.
Nice ride!

Other stuff I did to this the Speed Rack from Decathlon. If anyone wants a minimalist rack this the rack to go for. It was a limited run on this rack from Decathlon. This is ideal for panniers but it has no shelf. You can use single sided if you really like minimal https://www.decathlon.ca/en/p/8651789/cycling-pannier-rack-speed-rack-900

Crankbrothers Eggbeaters. I like to clip in. For more braking power, I bought Peak Torque's 180mm rotor conversion kit and got a new XTR rotor in the front. Maximum tire width I went with is a 40mm Maxxis Refuse great protection but not as fast as the G-One Speed, the G-One Speed wears down really fast though.

I am making a new DT Swiss 540 32 spoke wheelset with Novatec hubs for winter duty, I am planning for Schwalbe Marathon spike in 35mm. I bought TRP sandwich ring magnet for the speed sensing for the Bosch CX so that I can but regular rear rotors without a need for the Shimano one with the magnet. This will be my thrasher wheelset.

Usually I use this as my 5km commute with a pannier. Or as my Z2 trainer or Tabata training with max assist and I pedal at 100+ cadence and hit HR or 165 and above.

What is your gearing right now, front/rear?
11-42 XT cassette 46T chainring. The idea is to keep cadence with as little jumps as possible. This motor likes high cadence very much. I use the upper cogs a lot but once I am climbing, it is difficult to get into the cadence I like which is 95 rpm. The CX do not like to mash gears, it behaves very much like a proper cyclist. I need to remember to downshift before a stop.

Last edited:
Alright. So you meant you wanted to reduce the low end of the gearing, possibly for more equal spread between the gears?
Yes. The motor is plenty. I just want more climbing gearing options. 1x does limit. I know that this is an ebike. Some other riders are telling me to let the motor do its job but I want the battery to last longer other than adding another battery, I am thinking of 2x but this bike cannot have an FD.

Welcome. You will be in a good position to be helpful to others here.

Back