Hello from Iowa.

AlanDB

Region
USA
City
Iowa
Hello EBR forum members! I am Alan from east central Iowa and a newbie on e-bikes. I just traded in my conventional Giant 24-speed bike for a Gazelle Arroyo step thru. I am 71 and ride for leisure and exercise on streets and paved or packed limestone trails. I was finding myself avoiding longer rides and hills so I am hoping the e-bike will give me more confidence and more exercise in the long run. My wife has a Blix Aveny that she bought last summer, so the Arroyo should make it possible for me to keep pace with her.

I was looking at the Raleigh Detour, but my local cycle shop had this 2017 Arroyo at a special close-out price. After checking the EBR reviews and looking at both bikes, I just couldn't pass up the comfort and elegance of the Arroyo :). It is still a little chilly in Iowa to do much riding (for me anyway), but I hope to get the Arroyo out on the trail in the next couple of weeks.

Hello AlanDB, Welcome to the EBR Forum. Congratulations on your new Gazelle Arroyo e-bike. I wasn't familiar with your bike
so I checked out Court's review here on EBR....I really like the Gazelle Arroyo for a number of reasons, not the least of, appearance,
it's a really classy stylish e-bike.

Probably most important, your power system, Bosch one of the top manufacturers. I have two e-bikes with Bosch power and I'm extremely happy. The Intuvia Controller on your bike is very comfortable and easy to use. I see Schawalbe tires, a solid choice....and a front shock to boot.
You are all set to rack up those miles.....Enjoy

John from CT

Hi, AlanDB. That Gazelle Arroyo looks like a real pleasure to ride. Let everyone here know how you like it, when you get a chance to ride it. Happy Riding!

Back