Pilot

My wife and I just moved back to Brooklyn in October from San Francisco. I work in Midtown Manhattan, so hacking my commute has been my top priority since we got here.

I know that throttle bikes are illegal in NYC (pedal assist bikes are not illegal), but I decided to roll the dice anyway. I just ordered a GB5 for my wife and a GB500 fat tire for myself from Green Bike USA. I'm wondering how high the chances are that a cop is going to stop me, cite me, or even impound my bike? Does anyone have experience with this?

So hello everyone! If anyone has thoughts or advice regarding Green Bike, or thoughts or advice regarding ebike commuting in NYC, I'd love to chat!

Jon

You know, I'm also wondering why I'm having trouble finding reviews, opinions.. really any information at all about Green Bikes. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they a new company? Are they junk (man I hope they're not junk!)?

Watch out the Big Apple has been confiscating e-bikes if you want to find out the ins and outs go by Propel e-bikes and speak with Chris . I want to visit NYC but I don't know about right now. Burrrrr!

Back