Hello from a total newbie....

Trophyduck

Region
USA
Hi all. I don't own an ebike, yet. I will

I looking into a fat tire ebike for hunting and fishing. I won't be anywhere too rugged and pretty flat. I don't want to spend an a and a leg. Looking into the Fission 750 and Bee Cool Adventurer. Anyone family with these? Probably pull a cart too. I'm 6z1 220

Hello! And welcome to the E-Biking world! I am not familiar with either of those brands but do not let that discourage you. Generally when shopping around, especially for entry level bikes, a big component to ponder is whether you want a Mid-Drive or Hub-Drive system. As per my last job who advertised to the hunting community I saw a lot more success with Mid-Drive systems, especially when towing gear or your "prey" (For lack of a better term). This is because Mid-Drive systems can utilize the cassette gears on the rear hub as a transmission and provide different ratio's which can lessen the stresses of the motor when pulling weight, kind of like a normal bicycle using the granny gears when climbing a steep hill. Another note, with the Mid-Drive systems, is your human effort when pedaling greatly provides more utility to the motor, I.e. when using the pedal assist, you help the motor with those towing stresses. I am not a salesman, but this is something I saw with customer service issues concerning that decision in the past. Provided your utility and use, Id recommend looking into decently reviewed and priced Mid-Drive systems, over the Hub-Drive systems. This is just my opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt.

I hope this information helps answer some of your questions, and please reach out if you would like to have a more in-depth conversation!

Hello! And welcome to the E-Biking world! I am not familiar with either of those brands but do not let that discourage you. Generally when shopping around, especially for entry level bikes, a big component to ponder is whether you want a Mid-Drive or Hub-Drive system. As per my last job who advertised to the hunting community I saw a lot more success with Mid-Drive systems, especially when towing gear or your "prey" (For lack of a better term). This is because Mid-Drive systems can utilize the cassette gears on the rear hub as a transmission and provide different ratio's which can lessen the stresses of the motor when pulling weight, kind of like a normal bicycle using the granny gears when climbing a steep hill. Another note, with the Mid-Drive systems, is your human effort when pedaling greatly provides more utility to the motor, I.e. when using the pedal assist, you help the motor with those towing stresses. I am not a salesman, but this is something I saw with customer service issues concerning that decision in the past. Provided your utility and use, Id recommend looking into decently reviewed and priced Mid-Drive systems, over the Hub-Drive systems. This is just my opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt.

I hope this information helps answer some of your questions, and please reach out if you would like to have a more in-depth conversation!
It definitely helps and adds to my "confusion", lol. I have seen some contradictory info (or just my lack of understanding) with mid drives. Do you have to pedal all the time to assist the motor and vice versa? Do they have just a throttle option if I just want to be lazy and not pedal at all? Thanks

They certainly have both! A lot of companies have Pedal assist and throttles on both their Mid-Drive motors and Hub-Drive motors. It is something to be aware of and ask the company before buying. Pedaling in this instance was just me trying to to explain that it's helpful for the motor, especially mid-drives, when towing a lot of weight. Where when using the throttle only, the motor is doing all of the work. I know certain Bosh drive motors are strictly pedal assist, however they do a very good job at it. Anything using a Das-Kit or Bafang motor generally has both pedal assist and a throttle.

I get it.....would peddaling along with a hub motor also assist the motor for towing. Just throwing that out there. Thanks for you patience....

Very minimally from what I have seen. If the hub motor was a torque sensor variant, It may aid better than its cadence sensor counter part. Hub drive motor spins freely from the cassette, so the gearing and pedaling have little effect. Whereas on a Mid-Drive motor, the gearing directly influences the torque and stresses of the motor. This is because the motor is turning the chain, which turns the rear wheel allowing more specific gearing ratios. Not saying that one is better than the other, because I personally love both. I just think that a mid-drive may be more useful if your aim is towing. In my opinion of course! lol.

Since I've modified my search. Biktrix Juggernaut catches my eye. Mid drive Bagangs...Seems like a very comparable bike(s) to Rambo and such for less $$

They do indeed look like decent units! I am unfamiliar with them, so I wouldn't be able to give an honest opinion. I would recommend one last thing though before purchasing a unit (from whomever you end up choosing), that you contact your local bike / ebike shops to make sure that they will service / or can repair common issues on a particular brand.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any assistance! I hope I was able to shine some light to your questions :)

Back