Has anyone with Oct delivery got your free bags?

Skibumtim

For everyone that started to receive their bikes in October or later. My order was in the #5400s range and it feels like this is a very untrustworthy company. Their site had me add the bags (that have not been shown out of stock on their site since the first day I discovered Lectric) into my shopping cart and use a promo to have the price deducted. This was early Sept. Here it is November 17th and have had 5 emails back and forth and they always are promising my bags. WTF? They aren't out of stock. They are still right there on the website. They have had my money and known they had to send me bags for 2 1/2 months now. How are they that far behind on bags? Signs of a company doomed for failure? I got my bike long long ago now... The bags that are in stock are harder to get out? Lectric has been promising me bags for about 5 weeks now and missed timelines. They won't even consider refunding the price of bags back to my card. I guess this is one of those bait and you get nothing for biting on the bait situations?

I got my bikes mid October (5028 or so) and received the pannier bags. They are fine as a freebie, but would be upset if I paid $49 for them.

For everyone that started to receive their bikes in October or later. My order was in the #5400s range and it feels like this is a very untrustworthy company. Their site had me add the bags (that have not been shown out of stock on their site since the first day I discovered Lectric) into my shopping cart and use a promo to have the price deducted. This was early Sept. Here it is November 17th and have had 5 emails back and forth and they always are promising my bags. WTF? They aren't out of stock. They are still right there on the website. They have had my money and known they had to send me bags for 2 1/2 months now. How are they that far behind on bags? Signs of a company doomed for failure? I got my bike long long ago now... The bags that are in stock are harder to get out? Lectric has been promising me bags for about 5 weeks now and missed timelines. They won't even consider refunding the price of bags back to my card. I guess this is one of those bait and you get nothing for biting on the bait situations?
If you spend some time reading the different comments pertaining to this company on this forum I think you will discover that you are actually incorrect. Lectric actually goes out of their way to help you out if you have a problem. I'm quite sure that you will in fact get your bags, be patient they are extremely busy selling a lot of bikes at a very good deal.

Lectric will send you the bag but they don't always get everything done perfectly or on our schedule. On another note, if you received the bags from a free promo how can you expect to receive your money back when you never paid any?

I got the bag but they are not too good. One side split open two times already, two straps have come off. At this point, I will be looking to replace them. It would probably be okay if you hold a garment or a 16 oz soda. I wouldn't trust it with something heavier like groceries, might split open while you are riding and you wouldn't know if something fell out.

I got the bag but they are not too good. One side split open two times already, two straps have come off. At this point, I will be looking to replace them. It would probably be okay if you hold a garment or a 16 oz soda. I wouldn't trust it with something heavier like groceries, might split open while you are riding and you wouldn't know if something fell out.
That's what I found as well, the bags were worth the free price tag. If you are looking for bags check out the 25L Rhinowalk PVC bags from Amazon, $56ea which are tall enough to carry an extra battery and everybit as good as the Ortleib which is only 20L and are too small (height) for our batteries.

Lectric will send you the bag but they don't always get everything done perfectly or on our schedule. On another note, if you received the bags from a free promo how can you expect to receive your money back when you never paid any?
Like I said. I had to go shopping for the bags, add them to my cart, and then insert the promo code for the discount on the bags. How do they expect to offer me $50 bags for free and not give me any? That logic is better than mine? They've had my money for the bags for 70 days. They are the ones that put the price on the bags, not me. They just said they'd throw them in if I bought the bike RIGHT NOW and took advantage of their offer. I had a business for 9 years and never imagined myself doing business like this. So they don't get things done on my schedule? Huh? I just wish they'd get them done on their schedule... Let me go to my email and I'll quote them "I would expect the bags to be at your doorstep by the 5th or 6th of November." and it is the 17th today. Keep in mind the 6th was already 28 days later than expected. What kind of logic thinks you shouldn't expect someone to hold up their end of a deal? Of course I expect them to deliver me my bags or refund the value of the merchandise. If I went to a restaurant to use a BOGO they offered to bring me in for a visit and only one meal came to the table that I'd have to share with my wife I'd expect it to be half off to make up for the one they couldn't give me. Since when are businesses not expected to stand behind their incentives? YES! Send me my bags or refund me the money they said they were worth. How is "forget about the bags" acceptable when it was an incentive for me to purchase? Minus that incentive I would have likely waited until bikes were in stock and have bought today for $120 less than I did.
But tbh I have already bought 2 other ebikes and this XP wouldn't be on the menu any longer. August I had no idea what an ebike was before youtube recommended me the KevCentral video to view. Bought a super cheap T18 before the XP showed up and also while waiting for the XP learned a whole bunch about all types of ebikes, their differences, and what a person should look for to decide what is right for them. I decided the XP wasn't what I wanted. I bought a new Trek Marlin 7 mtb for $800 and the BaFang bbshd mid drive kit for $1200 and made my own ebike. Sooo much better! You guys have no idea what a real ebike is like. To each their own. These XPs are junk to me for the $1000 I paid. I did what this guy did after I saw this video and I'm all in for $2200. I'm at the whim of no one if it needs parts to be fixed.
I know you putt putt bikers 😍 LOVE 😍 your XPs so you allow it to warp your sense of a business's responsibility but you do not take money for a job 70 days out and on the 70th day not have the product to fulfill the order because your head was in your ass. Their incentive of these crappy bags was the only reason I bought the bike WHEN I did. I literally watched the KevCentral vid, was promised bags if I bought while the promo lasted so I did, then learned more about the WHOLE ebike history from 2010 to now and thought OMG I had no idea what I was doing buying this XP pos. The least they could do is send me the bags. When I had my businesses as soon as I had my customer's money I had enough respect for them to procure the product even if I couldn't get to their job for 70 days. Lectric had x number of bags 70 days ago and had x number of bags they knew they'd be needing to fulfill in 70 days. How do they not procure the bags to fulfill the orders?
I'm done... Sorry to interrupt your guy's XP orgy you guys have been having here the past couple months... Carry on

Let me see if I understand the short version of your message. You are pissed because you didn't receive a set of panniers that you paid nothing for within a timely manner which made you come to your senses about buying cheap Chinese junk so you immediately spent another $2200 on more chinese junk not including labor to put it all together and your happy that you have no warranty or anyone to blame if something goes bad. You feel that we should all follow your example and do the same since your revelation and if we don't then we should live the rest of our lives in uninformed bliss. Did I miss anything ? But the one thing you didn't point out to the rest of us, is that after $3200.00 cash investment you still don't have any free panniers. Shame.

I must of got different "free" bags.
I regularly grocery shop with the bags, I stuff the heck out of them.
No ripped seams, buckles are all fine.

Like I said. I had to go shopping for the bags, add them to my cart, and then insert the promo code for the discount on the bags. How do they expect to offer me $50 bags for free and not give me any? That logic is better than mine? They've had my money for the bags for 70 days. They are the ones that put the price on the bags, not me. They just said they'd throw them in if I bought the bike RIGHT NOW and took advantage of their offer. I had a business for 9 years and never imagined myself doing business like this. So they don't get things done on my schedule? Huh? I just wish they'd get them done on their schedule... Let me go to my email and I'll quote them "I would expect the bags to be at your doorstep by the 5th or 6th of November." and it is the 17th today. Keep in mind the 6th was already 28 days later than expected. What kind of logic thinks you shouldn't expect someone to hold up their end of a deal? Of course I expect them to deliver me my bags or refund the value of the merchandise. If I went to a restaurant to use a BOGO they offered to bring me in for a visit and only one meal came to the table that I'd have to share with my wife I'd expect it to be half off to make up for the one they couldn't give me. Since when are businesses not expected to stand behind their incentives? YES! Send me my bags or refund me the money they said they were worth. How is "forget about the bags" acceptable when it was an incentive for me to purchase? Minus that incentive I would have likely waited until bikes were in stock and have bought today for $120 less than I did.
But tbh I have already bought 2 other ebikes and this XP wouldn't be on the menu any longer. August I had no idea what an ebike was before youtube recommended me the KevCentral video to view. Bought a super cheap T18 before the XP showed up and also while waiting for the XP learned a whole bunch about all types of ebikes, their differences, and what a person should look for to decide what is right for them. I decided the XP wasn't what I wanted. I bought a new Trek Marlin 7 mtb for $800 and the BaFang bbshd mid drive kit for $1200 and made my own ebike. Sooo much better! You guys have no idea what a real ebike is like. To each their own. These XPs are junk to me for the $1000 I paid. I did what this guy did after I saw this video and I'm all in for $2200. I'm at the whim of no one if it needs parts to be fixed.
I know you putt putt bikers 😍 LOVE 😍 your XPs so you allow it to warp your sense of a business's responsibility but you do not take money for a job 70 days out and on the 70th day not have the product to fulfill the order because your head was in your ass. Their incentive of these crappy bags was the only reason I bought the bike WHEN I did. I literally watched the KevCentral vid, was promised bags if I bought while the promo lasted so I did, then learned more about the WHOLE ebike history from 2010 to now and thought OMG I had no idea what I was doing buying this XP pos. The least they could do is send me the bags. When I had my businesses as soon as I had my customer's money I had enough respect for them to procure the product even if I couldn't get to their job for 70 days. Lectric had x number of bags 70 days ago and had x number of bags they knew they'd be needing to fulfill in 70 days. How do they not procure the bags to fulfill the orders?
I'm done... Sorry to interrupt your guy's XP orgy you guys have been having here the past couple months... Carry on
I have a full size fat tire bike with a Bafang HD mid-drive and use the XP more. I agree the XP is not a "high end bike" but a capable, well built bike that does what I need and is fun to ride.

I must of got different "free" bags.
I regularly grocery shop with the bags, I stuff the heck out of them.
No ripped seams, buckles are all fine.
Wanna trade? ;) It seems my bag is starting to split in another area...maybe I will just take the pannier bag off and make a custom wood box.

Back