Has anyone ridden the RipCurrent S?

There isn’t much available yet. A couple of “pro” review videos, and one from what appears to be someone test riding it. I have an RCS on order and I’d love to see some more videos posted.

Post bump, one month since the last post. Curious if there is anyone out there who has gotten their RCS who can post their riding experience/thoughts/opinions? Still only limited number of videos out there.

Mine arrives any day now but I doubt I'll make a video so you'll have to wait for me to do a write up (Any day like Pilot just got the bike to my local region - about 55 miles away.. so so close).

Here is a someone who got one about a month ago its about 20 mins of him riding his RCS.

https://binged.it/2IWSqS6

DBF, you read the forums, make more videos please.
It looks like a wondering bike park.

Wow, the last comment in that video linked above was from the owner, and here it is:

I need to mention that since this video, my Juiced Bikes Ripcurrent S died on the very next ride. On May 9th the motor simply ceased propelling the bike. The computer and headlight still operate, but the motor won't spin via the throttle or pedal assist. All external wiring has been check 4 times- it's all fine. As of May 26th my RCS is still dead. I wish I could tell you why, but Juiced is either knowingly stalling this repair or is totally incompetent or both. I am absolutely dumbfounded that they are allowed to operate like this. I don't say this lightly, but BUYER BEWARE!!! Consider another ebike company to buy from... and this is coming from someone who really wanted to be proud of their ebike and the company it came from. I'm not.

Wow, the last comment in that video linked above was from the owner, and here it is:

I need to mention that since this video, my Juiced Bikes Ripcurrent S died on the very next ride. On May 9th the motor simply ceased propelling the bike. The computer and headlight still operate, but the motor won't spin via the throttle or pedal assist. All external wiring has been check 4 times- it's all fine. As of May 26th my RCS is still dead. I wish I could tell you why, but Juiced is either knowingly stalling this repair or is totally incompetent or both. I am absolutely dumbfounded that they are allowed to operate like this. I don't say this lightly, but BUYER BEWARE!!! Consider another ebike company to buy from... and this is coming from someone who really wanted to be proud of their ebike and the company it came from. I'm not.

Wow, very unfortunate to hear. I've seen this user's RCS videos on YouTube, never noticed his follow up comment about his bike crapping out.

While I know a 1st gen product will ultimately have bugs, the way some folks are saying how Juiced is handling their issues is very concerning. I think they simply bit off more than they can chew. I'm starting to wonder if I'm making the right decision here. Maybe I should just hold off until next year when Juice will hopefully have better support and iron out all of the bugs, or go with a different brand now.

Considering it will be about another week til the RCS are available for ordering, and its may take up to 2 months to receive it, I am glad I moved on - my bike should arrive as soon as this Saturday, or more likely early next week. Considering I have been after a Hyperfat all the way back to November, I just got frustrated waiting any longer. The more guys I rode with that showed up on an ebike , the more I developed a bad case of e-envy, so I couldn't resist the urge to splurge. Hoping we get some more feedback from some owners as well, since we can't take a sampling of one as anything more than anecdotal at this point.

I thought it was Lenny who was trying to get a Hyperfat. If you had preordered an RCS in December, I'm sure you would have had an RCS by now.
Color me confused.

I thought it was Lenny who was trying to get a Hyperfat. If you had preordered an RCS in December, I'm sure you would have had an RCS by now.
Color me confused.
I didn't have my financing squared away until mid April, so the Hyperfat was essentially out of my reach that early in the game (but I have always wanted one). By the end of April, I was ready to buy, but missed out on an order for the RCS. I had it in my cart 2x at the end of April and gave it a day to seriously consider it before buying the next day, and in both occasions it was removed from my cart the following day.

No worries - I had a chance over the last month to re-evaluate whether the RCS was in fact the best rail trail ride for me, and I decided it wasn't the best choice for where I am riding currently. I will very much consider buying one next year after my areas to ride branches out to more hilly terrain and not a flat rail trail.

Last edited:
I rode one for about an hour that a friend of mine purchased. It is a good looking bike with good power. The ride is typical for any fat ebike, cushy and smooth though the Kenda's make it a noisey ride. One of the first things we did is switch them out for Vee Missions, much quieter and smoother.

I really do like the minimal LCD screen that Juiced uses on the RCS with much more information than you get on most ebike screens such as voltage, wattage and temperature. I am not a big fan of torque sensors but the RCS one seems smoother than the torque sensing on my E-Motion Evo.

Back