Hardtail mtb build

@oysteinllunde

So what did you come up with?

Mike...
Agreed , find a frame ?? i hear really good things about the Nukeproof Scout also from Chain Reaction.

Here is some inspiration..... and thank you to all that weighed in , it's done and just waiting for the new shark fin battery (52v 21AH) to arrive and be installed in the triangle....

- The Good
- By clearencing the rear of the housing by the chainstay i bought myself a few MM smaller spacer on the Bottom Bracket. i ground off about 2-3mm worth without breaking through into the housing
- I managed to get the Luna Eclipse 42T Chainring working , but the tooth structure is very tall , and hampers my less than ideal chainline in the top two gears.
- the One Nut is awesome so far ty!!
- Self healing silicon tape is going to keep everything clean and orderly looking
- The lekkie 40T chainring gives a little better line and the teeth aren't so tall and so i don't hear nearly as much chain suck

- The Bad
- The fat chainstays create a bad chainline for the top two gears , i can't put a smaller chain ring on , I've done all i can - it works but it's not ideal... the only solution for this would be to upgrade to a frame with one of those notches at the front *many do... i was eyeballing the Stanton and Juntu as possible upgrades if this issue actually causes me any grief which i doubt it will.

What's next ... Maybe and M620 in a carbon frame... or a full suspension commuter for super long mega comfy rides.

BBSHD TI1.jpg

BBSHD Ti2.jpg

BBSHD Ti3.jpg

BBSHD Ti4.jpg

Lekkie lockring? Waiting for mine.
Very cool. A Shimano BB socket makes the least expensive lock ring socket perfect for a torque wrench. The super heavy Bafang tools are massively overpriced. Getting rid of the primary ring is a win!

And WOW, you've quite the investment in Lekkie!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.19.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.19.46 PM.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 112
Can somebody help me build a cheap lightweight good build with black frame? Like a parts list?
Last seen Apr 29, 2022 same day as joined. I'm reticent to take the time if there's no OP still interested!

However, I kitted Black KHS Manhattan Smoothie flat foot bikes, like the Electra Townie frame. Electra Townies are good candidates too. I have hub motors on one and BBSxx motors on two. Great upright bikes.

This is one I donated to a fellow living rough.
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.01.45 AM.png

Lekkie lockring? Waiting for mine.
Very cool. A Shimano BB socket makes the least expensive lock ring socket perfect for a torque wrench. The super heavy Bafang tools are massively overpriced. Getting rid of the primary ring is a win!

And WOW, you've quite the investment in Lekkie!

I'm a fan of Lekkie - i have relatives in NZ , so i'm doing my part to soak funds into their local economy :)
having had both the luna and lekkie - i'd still go lekkie.

Yes I sold off 4 Luna and replaced with Lekkie. We sold hundreds and very low warranty claims. I have a 36t Luna I can’t seem to sell.

Back