Handlebars

Augiesma

I’m liking the specs on the model r...however, I will be riding it in NYC and I’m concerned that the wide handlebars will be awkward to maneuver. In the past I have found the wide cruiser handlebars to be awkward when turning. Any feedback on this? Also, would this bike fit a short person (5’)?

If you like the model R, it is easy to cut a few inches of the handlebars.
We do this all of the time for shorter riders with a smaller reach. ;)

The problem with trimming these handlebars are they would still be too wide & clumsy & the contour of the bends makes it so you can only trim so much { like 3 inches } because the grips need straight stock to fit. I thought about trimming a couple inches but ended up buying & installing new bars, It's simple it takes about an hour

The problem with trimming these handlebars are they would still be too wide & clumsy & the contour of the bends makes it so you can only trim so much { like 3 inches } because the grips need straight stock to fit. I thought about trimming a couple inches but ended up buying & installing new bars, It's simple it takes about an hour
Look for one like this. Use a hacksaw to trim 4/3 of an inch from both ends. Everyone loves this bar.

UPANBIKE Retro Handlebar 25.4mm 31.8mm Moustache​

I like that upanbike retro bar good suggestion. , I went with the- BUCKLOS Handlebar 31.8/25.4mm Flat Riser AL-7075 MTB Bicycle 660/720/780mm Bars ... It's aluminum riser bar, it's like riding with a drag bars. Back in the 80's one of my harleys was a 75 sportster & it had drag bars. So I'm getting flashbacks of when I was 21 ..:) It's intense riding with these drag bars digging into turns & swhichbacks @ 28+ MPH..lol.. , like a different bike than the beach cruiser style it was thats for sure, Having fun I'll post a picture soon of the bike with the bars.

Attachments

• 26546462-4683-4AA4-A6E5-AF9F738B4E9F.jpeg
    26546462-4683-4AA4-A6E5-AF9F738B4E9F.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Back