Handlebar Replacement Raleigh Miceo Sport IE

DrJay

Has anyone ever done a handlebar replacement for the Raleigh Miceo Sport IE? I had an adjustable stem put on by the dealer when I bought the bike to give me a more upright position but it is still forward enough that over the years I have developed neck and shoulder pain while riding. I was thinking of a low rise bar with more back sweep (not cruiser style) to allow me to be more upright. My front hydraulic brake line will have to be replace for a longer one. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Has anyone ever done a handlebar replacement for the Raleigh Miceo Sport IE? I had an adjustable stem put on by the dealer when I bought the bike to give me a more upright position but it is still forward enough that over the years I have developed neck and shoulder pain while riding.

I was thinking of a low rise bar with more back sweep (not cruiser style) to allow me to be more upright. My front hydraulic brake line will have to be replaced for a longer one. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Take a look at this article for a list of riser handlebars that have a range of sweep and rise for comfort on long rides.

Thanking all for your replies. More to think about than I realized. Now I'm thinking this is a bigger project than I first thought as it appears that I will need longer hydraulic brake lines and re-cable to the derailleur. The LCD screen should be okay as it is center mounted over the handlebar attachment. Really appreciate the links. Looks like this will be going to a bike shop to be done.

Back