Handlebar mount for Go Pro

Silvercat

Hi,
I would appreciate any recommendations regarding a secure handlebar mount for a Go Pro camera.
Also, is it better to mount on a helmet or handlebar? My preference would be the handlebar in order to leave my helmet free andI would think it would be more secure on the handlebar.
One other question: should charging the go pro with the USB cable connected to the Moscow battery work? One comment suggested the need for a camera battery door adapter. I do not understand why the USB cable cannot go directly from the go pro to the Moscow battery USB. Would be good to be able to charge the camera while riding.
Thanks!!

Hi,
I would appreciate any recommendations regarding a secure handlebar mount for a Go Pro camera.
Also, is it better to mount on a helmet or handlebar? My preference would be the handlebar in order to leave my helmet free andI would think it would be more secure on the handlebar.
One other question: should charging the go pro with the USB cable connected to the Moscow battery work? One comment suggested the need for a camera battery door adapter. I do not understand why the USB cable cannot go directly from the go pro to the Moscow battery USB. Would be good to be able to charge the camera while riding.
Thanks!!
I mounted mine around the top of the front fork,on the chrome part. providing your not planing on doing any big jumps it worked Ok. It was easy to lean forward and turn on/off also.

GoPro do sell a handle bar mount.

I 3D printed a mount to suit my Giant Explore E+1 as i could not find a straight ahead position on my handle bars.

Back