Handlebar grips and mirrors

wings02

I am looking to replace grips and install a end handlebar mirror on my wife's LECTRIC bike. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

I’m curious what’s the issue with your grips and what kind do you want? What specific bike do you have? I’ve got a number of Mirrycle mirrors that I like.

My wife was complaining of her hands sweating. She has the LECTRIC step-thru
You could just try a simple wrap like mine. Wraps are usually available at most bike shops or on Amazon. It absorbs sweat, improves grip and cushions like a tennis racquet wrap. This what I used...
AAD81FA3-A8C0-4D66-9FF3-97CEF39EF6FF.jpeg

Last edited:
I am looking to replace grips and install a end handlebar mirror on my wife's LECTRIC bike. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

My son changed out his XP grips and put on locking grips. He said after removing XP grips with an air compressor, he would never add that style grip again instead opting for "locking grips" that pop right off and have end caps and small screws that secure the grips to the bars. He also added the Mirrycles rear view which is probably the mvp of bike accessories. Just shop on Amazon for locking grips and order a couple of pairs to try on. Send back the grips that she doesn't like...

There are a multitude of grips available so it would be hard to say which would be best for your wife and her ebike. I do prefer the lock on style grips with removeable end plugs. Hafny mirrors have a very good selection of different styles of mirrors and they get high ratings from users. I went with Ergon grips for my ebikes as well as Hafny handlebar mirrors. Quite happy with them.

I have a Hafny bar end mirror on my ebike and I really like how adjustable it is. The one downside is my mirror's optics aren't that great. There's a bit more distortion than I'd like.

I'm not sure what type of grip your wife is looking for, but I can highly recommend Ergon grips. I have a pair on both of my ebikes and I love them. Not cheap, though.

These are the grips I installed on my bike and this is the mirror I installed

Now I went with that mirror because it has a glass lens so you get a better and more clearer look then what you get with a plastic lens. Plus you get two and I only installed one on the left side so now I have a spare just in case.

Bruce

Attachments

• 20211202_114923.jpg
    20211202_114923.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 157
Back