Handlebar adjustments on Nevo 3

Bill G

Region
USA
City
Near Lake George, NY
Hi. I'm new to the forum and to e-biking. Have had my new Nevo 3 for a few weeks and I love it. I've ridden quite a bit, even though it's pretty nippy in Upstate NY.
I have a couple of questions and hoping someone can help me out.
1. I find the published R&M manuals lacking in detail. Can any of you describe what the various hex and torx bolts on the headset do? I would like to adjust the degree of aggressiveness but not sure which bolts control that.
2. My headlight goes on and off just fine. The brake lights work. But when I turn the headlight on, the taillight isn't on. My fear it's in a buried part of the wiring harness.

I'm hoping Chris from Propel Bikes, who does so many excellent videos, will start publishing some on setting up and maintaining R&M bikes.

Appreciate any input.

I would like to adjust the degree of aggressiveness but not sure which bolts control that.
Is your stem this one?
1639632357235.png

What actually would you like to control? What is your expectation?

Is your stem this one?
View attachment 109397

What actually would you like to control? What is your expectation?
Here are my stem/handlebar photos:
IMG_4070.jpg
IMG_4071.jpg
IMG_4072.jpg

I've loosened the four bolts above the light; they seem to allow me to rotate the handlebar. It's the two hex bolts in the last photo (11 & 16 nm) I'm wondering about. The 16 nm one seems to go through to the other side. If I loosen these should the whole thing rotate on the through bolt, thus adjusting the angle? I am also wondering whether I can adjust the angle of the Kiox display. There are three bolts in it but not sure if these are adjustment bolts. I should probably just start loosening bolts and see what happens. Thanks for replying.

The one marked “16Nm” looks like the bolt that locks the stem’s angle to me. The ”11Nm” looks like the one to set the angle of the cradle in the same way. They are lined up with the pivot points, which is the giveaway.

11Nm is pretty high torque for a bolt that looks like it goes straight into plastic though. Makes me wonder what it’s screwing into.

View attachment 109420View attachment 109421View attachment 109422
I've loosened the four bolts above the light; they seem to allow me to rotate the handlebar. It's the two hex bolts in the last photo (11 & 16 nm) I'm wondering about. The 16 nm one seems to go through to the other side. If I loosen these should the whole thing rotate on the through bolt, thus adjusting the angle? I am also wondering whether I can adjust the angle of the Kiox display. There are three bolts in it but not sure if these are adjustment bolts. I should probably just start loosening bolts and see what happens. Thanks for replying.
These photos are from the Nevo3 Manual showing you how to adjust the handlebars and stem.

C529BB0F-A397-47C3-B9F9-B074D2DF8E3E.jpeg
05A19E4F-F0E2-4068-8EE6-A0B78F4E4588.jpeg

Thanks. As you can see from the photos I posted, mine is slightly different, but by loosening the four torx bolts, I was able to adjust the angle on my kiox display. I could also have rotated my handlebars for a different wrist angle, although I didn't need/want to do this. I also loosened the hex bold marked 16 nm to see if could vary the stem angle. It didn't but I may just not used enough force. BTW, Kaiede wondered what it screwed into. It goes all the way through to a deep nut (don't know correct term). No plastic involved in any of this.

View attachment 109420View attachment 109421View attachment 109422
What size hex tools are needed for each of the bolts in the last photo (marked as 11Nm and 16Nm)? Thanks.

Back