Handle bar mirrors for Explore E+ 1

@Acadiandad - Reviving the original topic here...

Did you find a mirror you're happy with? I've exhausted Canadian suppliers for the CycleAware Reflex (MEC *used to* carry them) and bike shops even as far from me in Montreal as Winnipeg who show it as "in stock" turn out not to have any. One told me that "in stock" simply meant they could order it. If that really is the best option, I'll try to order in the US and plan a trip to the border to pick it up. But I'd love to have a mirror actually on the bike if possible.

Another thing you mentioned earlier in this thread was about the front shock. When I got on my new bike it sort of did a little sag, a dance. And then it felt really mushy. I turned the lockout on and have ridden the bike like that for over 100 km so far and it's fine... just like a bike without suspension. But last night I picked up a shock pump and I'm trying to figure out how to set the suspension. There is nothing at all about this in the user manual. Do you have any advice about this? How much pressure? Does it vary depending on weight and/or terrain?

Thanks for any info you might share...

Reviving the original topic here...

Did you find a mirror you're happy with? I've exhausted Canadian suppliers for the CycleAware Reflex (MEC *used to* carry them) and bike shops even as far from me in Montreal as Winnipeg who show it as "in stock" turn out not to have any. One told me that "in stock" simply meant they could order it. If that really is the best option, I'll try to order in the US and plan a trip to the border to pick it up. But I'd love to have a mirror actually on the bike if possible.

Another thing you mentioned earlier in this thread was about the front shock. When I got on my new bike it sort of did a little sag, a dance. And then it felt really mushy. I turned the lockout on and have ridden the bike like that for over 100 km so far and it's fine... just like a bike without suspension. But last night I picked up a shock pump and I'm trying to figure out how to set the suspension. There is nothing at all about this in the user manual. Do you have any advice about this? How much pressure? Does it vary depending on weight and/or terrain?

Thanks for any info you might share...

No, I did not find a mirror I am happy with - I bought a small helmet mounted mirror but I don't like it.

In terms of the front shock, I found that it has not lost pressure much recently. I suspect when it was new, the seals just needed to work a bit to get some oil onto them and now they tend to hold air for a few weeks anyway. I typically find that pumping them to about 140 lbs seems to give me a decent ride for my commute. With my shock pump, I tend to lose a bit of pressure when I disconnect it - so I just pump to about 140 lbs, disconnect the pump and then check if they seem to be stiff enough that they don't bottom out if I put my weight on them suddenly. Not terribly scientific. Was surprised that there was no sticker on the forks for preload pressure vs weight or anything … so I guess you just kind of wing it ...

I did lock them out once on one of my first rides before I had a shock pump to top them up. I haven't tried that recently but may give it a go as now that I am riding more frequently I think I am getting more tolerant of the bumps … the suspension seat post helped A LOT ...

Back