Haibike moving to Denver

It's interesting since Colorado's ebike laws are pretty restrictive, I wonder if they know something we don't?

It's interesting since Colorado's ebike laws are pretty restrictive, I wonder if they know something we don't?

I like to visit Colorado , ski, enjoy the mtns etc. so I pulled up this link on ebike laws Co. ... seems vague and doesnt mention pedelecs specifically. However some municipalities have approved ebikes for paths etc.
could you fill me in on laws etc where you are located ... how are speed pedelec bikes addressed ?

tks for your insight

B.

http://www.motorizedbicyclehq.com/motorized-bicycle-laws-colorado/

The state laws only apply to roads and state bike paths. All other access is left up to towns and cities to decide. State parks here haven't said either way yet. They are legal on bike paths in some places and generally ignored everywhere. As far as I know, there isn't any legal place to ride them on mtb trails in the state. People are of course and shops are selling them, so we'll see what happens.

As you saw in the link, there is no definition other than 750w and 20 mph, so a Spedelc would not be legal because of the higher speed limit.

Back