Haibike All Mountain Pro Question/Help

Albe215

Hi there, I purchased a Haibike All Mountain Pro 2016 and got it about 3 months ago. I absolutely love the bike and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Specifically, I like many others, want to find a way to go beyond the 20mph limit. I have tried the Dongle in the past(this is my second bike) but not crazy about the change in display and in addition, kept causing 503 errors(speed sensor and nothing was wrong with the speed sensor(I changed it and tested it) and the errors continued until I finally removed the dongle. So, my question. I understand there is a Pedelec-S version that goes to 28 mph. Is there a way to purchase that engine as a standalone and swap it out for my current one on my All Mountain Pro? While I realize that will be costly and not ideal, was just wondering if it's even possible?

Hi there, I purchased a Haibike All Mountain Pro 2016 and got it about 3 months ago. I absolutely love the bike and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Specifically, I like many others, want to find a way to go beyond the 20mph limit. I have tried the Dongle in the past(this is my second bike) but not crazy about the change in display and in addition, kept causing 503 errors(speed sensor and nothing was wrong with the speed sensor(I changed it and tested it) and the errors continued until I finally removed the dongle. So, my question. I understand there is a Pedelec-S version that goes to 28 mph. Is there a way to purchase that engine as a standalone and swap it out for my current one on my All Mountain Pro? While I realize that will be costly and not ideal, was just wondering if it's even possible?
Personally I don't have experience with Bosch motors, but I remembered @NoDTMF looked into upgrading his Bosch. Some of that is in this thread:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/early-adopters.2581/

You might post on that thread, your question to see if there's more information. Good hunting!

Hi @Albe215, interesting question... I remember meeting a Bosch rep when visiting Currie Technologies once who was explaining that if a motor is damaged they can swap the entire thing and that they prefer shops not even try to fix the old one (or even open them) since the inside has proprietary designs. They didn't want me to take photos of the inside. So I guess it seems possible to unscrew the 20 mph version and replace it with a 28 mph but from what I've gathered the hardware is actually the same on all of the recent Bosch motors (even the CX) and what's different is the programming. As someone with experience building computers and upgrading systems it's tempting to want to do this but my approach with ebikes (since I'm basically risking my health riding them and they cost so much) is to sell a bike if it doesn't do what I want and just buy the one that does. Bulls has a full suspension speed pedelec for 2017 and I believe Haibike has had one for 2016 and may again this incoming year. I'll have more reviews coming online in the coming weeks and months, hope this helps even though it's sort of a "don't try to change it" feedback. Even if the motors were different, I don't think it's possible to buy a Bosch Centerdrive aftermarket.

This is a common request. Unfortunately Bosch doesn't make it possible to purchase the motor on its own for this reason specifically.

At the moment the US has very little requirements for special parts on speed bikes, but most parts in Europe are specifically certified to work with speed bikes. This includes brakes, lights, tires and sometimes even part like handlebars and stems.

There are ways to hack the system with add on parts as you already have experience with, but this will void your warranty and can cause premature damage to the motor. Our feeling is that Bosch is going to start cracking down on this as it has the potential to jeaprodize the progress we are making with legislation and access. Not to mention you pretty much throw any liability claims out the window if there was ever an accident due to faulty parts.

I like to go fast, but this has the potential to open a can of worms. Some have been willing to take that risk with little reprocussions, but I felt obligated to make you aware of the hazards.

I initially wanted Bosch to be more free with their hardware and software, but I realize they didn't get where they are today by playing it fast and loose.

Last edited:
Back