Greetings from San Antonio

SAFran

Just joined the forum although have enjoyed reading about ebikes for quite a while. My spouse and I decided a couple years ago to invest....she has arthritis and couldn't "keep up" but really enjoyed riding. Her ebike (Felt e) has enabled her to go farther and faster. I bought mine about a year later (Haibike Trekking xduro). We had to get her's in Austin and I got mine from Crazy Lenny'e in WI. When we bought you couldn't find them in in town...and Haibike retailers are still few and far between.
Ebikes haven't really caught on here in SA although you do see more and more. We are over run with e-scooters around town and their proliferation, although a good public transportation option, is proving a nuisance since people can't decide to ride on the sidewalk or in the street....anyways, I digress....
We have enjoyed riding our bikes in town and all over the country. After retiring we decided to stop flying and drive to see the country. We haul both bikes on a Thule Easy Fold rack which has proven to be great. We have made several cross country trips, riding in many different spots as we go. The rack has probably 10,000 miles on it without issue (through rain and snow too). Neither bike has been modified aside from adding mirrors, bottle holders and mounts for small radios. On my Haibike I installed Jones bars for more touring comfort (bad shoulders) and wider flat pedals (wide feet). Haven't had any maintenance problems with either bike....but learned there is a battery in the computer (Bosch) and if dormant too long the computer won't turn on the bike (but you can operate it by a button on the battery).
wondering....anyone hooked up a trailer (like a Bob-single rear wheel) to a Haibike trekking? Any issues with the rear axle install?
Look forward to reading more stories!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear the bikes are working well for you. Hopefully someone can give some advice soon about the trailer...we may want to move this to the Haibike forum if no response soon :).

Back