Greetings from NH

Gundalow

Region
USA
We just bought our first e-bikes, a Pace 500 for me, and a Pace 350 for my wife. She is strictly a bike-path or rail-trail rider, and won't ride the roads. So we figure the 350 will work for her. I like to ride the roads, and we live in a hilly area, so I went with the 500 for a little more power. I love to ride, strictly slow speed, enjoying my surroundings type of riding, but arthritis in my knees has taken much of the joy (and range) away. Hence, the e-bike, which seems to be just the thing to extend my bike riding days.
Just got them week ago, and so far have added a Roam bike phone mount to mine. It works well, but I find that the lousy contrast on Google Maps is such that I can't see the screen in any sunlight. I also added a rear view grip mounted mirror for both of us, which I bought off of the Aventon site. They seem to do the job very well.
I've also ordered SR Suntour seat posts to soften up the ride, and a couple of Spurcycle bells.

Where are you in NH? I'm in the Monadnocks, near Peterborough. Nothing flat around here except for rail trails converted to snowmobile paths - terrible for bikes.

Dover
A mix of terrain over here. A few steep, and lots of, rolling hills along with some mostly flat runs. The biggest issue over here at the coast is traffic, especially anywhere east of I-95. I find the Dover-Rollinsford back roads are pretty quiet, along with those over the Salmon Falls River into the Berwicks in Maine. The old Pease Air Force base is also a great place to ride on the weekends. Miles of roads, and a small federal wildlife preserve. All-Trails has a list of asphalt bike trails throughout New England as well.

Dover
A mix of terrain over here. A few steep, and lots of, rolling hills along with some mostly flat runs. The biggest issue over here at the coast is traffic, especially anywhere east of I-95. I find the Dover-Rollinsford back roads are pretty quiet, along with those over the Salmon Falls River into the Berwicks in Maine. The old Pease Air Force base is also a great place to ride on the weekends. Miles of roads, and a small federal wildlife preserve. All-Trails has a list of asphalt bike trails throughout New England as well.
Traffic? The beaty of riding around here is the total lack of it, as long as you stay off our two US highways, 202 and 101. We do have a lot of unpaved roads, though. Most are in great shape, but there's the random stretches where the town dumped and spread a load of coarse crushed rock to contend with. Sometimes we walk a few hundred feet. But the terrain is beautiful.

If you ever want ideas for rides, let me know. Heat maps and guides, in books or online, often don't follow the best routes around here.

Thanks, Have you tried th Nashua River Trail? It looks to be pretty nice, is paved, 12.3 miles long, and runs from southern Nashua to Ayer, MA.

Thanks, Have you tried th Nashua River Trail? It looks to be pretty nice, is paved, 12.3 miles long, and runs from southern Nashua to Ayer, MA.
It's on my list, but not yet. We have some great rides around here that we do a lot. For example, one is a 6 mile hilly ride to a neighbor town with a great general store aka deli where we get lunch. Then we ride home a different way, partly along a lake for a mile, past a wetland with beaver lodge, and a good climb the last two miles to the house. No traffic on any of the roads. Most of the hills we can do without turbo, but sometimes the extra boost is nice. Of course, one nice benefit of having hills is the downhill runs after you climb!

Nice choice for both you and your wife, plenty of power. I hope you have the latest bikes with throttle on demand. You’ll find that it’ handy when starting up even on a slight incline. Good luck, ride safe and responsibly.

Yeah, they seem pretty nice, and have the throttle on demand. Just added a Spurcycle bell to both of them this morning.

Back