Greetings, another newcomer here - CCS hopefully on the way soon

ncrkd

The CCS will be my second electric bike, the first being a Priority Eight mid-drive conversion with a Bafang BBSHD.

I've been reading the threads, looking for potential trouble spots - thanks all for all of your provided experiences. I expect there will be some issues, and hopefully am well prepared (bike tools and repair stand, wheel rebuilding and electrical troubleshooting experience).

I used to bike commute, but I've since retired and now use the bike(s) for errands and "getting air".

Welcome, I think you’ll like the ccs.

I went the opposite route as you. First purchased a CCS and then recently a Biktrix Juggernaut with the Bafang ultra mid drive. Im greatly enjoying both.

I’d be interested in hearing a review from you on the different drives.

Thanks all. LS3Miata, speaking of the Bafang Ultra, I came really close to buying a FLX Blade. I also lusted after a one-off Rodriquez / Rohloff / Ultra built, way out of my price range. The Ultra motor is awesome, albeit seemingly not widely accepted / supported. I hope the rest of your Biktrix drivetrain holds up!

I want to learn a bit about "medium power" hub bikes - just a hobby at this point. I'm a bit concerned the perception I have about the short lifespan / "throwaway" aspects of electric bikes, somewhat due to the lack of component standards. There were times where one bought a high quality (maybe custom) frame and just updated it component-wise over the decades - almost a lifetime purchase.

Long time cyclist, you are going to like your CCS!

I've had mine for eight months. It has provided so many benefits. I can drive a car whenever I need to use a car. Maybe once a month. Otherwise, I use a bike as much as possible and as much without the assist on as possible. The CCS has been, with only minor or simple issues, really good.

There is only one thing I wish it came with standardly that the frame does not at present support: a wider tire.

I would use the Schwalbe G-One Speed super lightweight 2.35" racing tire. In fact, I do:

but to make room for the 29x2.35 super light tubeless tire to fit, I had to mangle my CCS's chainstays, mashing their inside, to gain a bit of clearance.

Tora Harris and company, if ever you read this posting, please make the simple, needed frame adjustment to your CCS,

so that those of us who want a wider tire than 47mm, can fit a 60mm.

I don't even ask you to supply wider rims, although that would be good, too!

My CCS rides like a car today, with no adverse handling debilities that sometimes accrue from heavier, hyper-fat tires such as characterize fatbikes. My bike today is no heavier than stock and it handles superbly well and manually pedals very well for such a non-aero bike.

Refitting the fenders for non-rub clearance was a bit of a challenge, but got sorted out.

The main thing: A CCS is a VERY good ebike as supplied. And you can always make it even better if you like to upgrade and accessorize to suit your own taste.

Last edited:
I guess everyone has their own preference. I don’t wish for wider tires, stock width is fine and I’ve already gone down to a 40 mm tire.

I would prefer a longer top tube for a more stretched out and aero position. For me the power over say 400 Watts is wasted as you just end up with a lot of wind resistance.

Well - I'm exercising patience. Coming up on two weeks, and my listed as in-stock bike has not shipped. Many ebike vendors are overwhelmed, sales volume-wise, I think - which is good.

Last edited:
What size and color did you go for? I purchased a large, red, CCS two days ago and received the tracking number this morning.

What size and color did you go for? I purchased a large, red, CCS two days ago and received the tracking number this morning.
Large Silver - they've got the money, and I've received confirmation from them for it and the order - which also states "in stock".

Time for an initial "what's up" inquiry, I guess.

Back