great cordless air pump.

fooferdoggie

I debated on getting one of those cheap cordless pumps made to be carried on your bike but I seldom get a flat while riding and mainly want to top off my tires. they tend to use 10psi or a bit less every two weeks from the 700cc 38 tires. I thought about getting the ryobi one it is only 29.00 without a battery and I had a couple though maybe too small. but at that price I wonder about the longevity. the milwalkie one was the second choice as I have batteries and charger at home bit I think it needed the larger amp batteries then the ones I have but the same charger. I have makita batteries and chargers so I went with it. at 99 it is the most expensive for 80 you can get the 12v version. you can set it to the psi you want but for some silly reason it does not have a trigger lock so you would be watching it at the time. thats a easy fix wit ha rubber band or such. but I tested it on a empty tire and it filled it to 70 psi in 50 seconds. tested it on a friends car tire that was down to 13pis filled it to 32psi took a few minutes. we topped off all the tires and the battery hardly took a hit. so for bikes a battery would last for months. I debated on putting a presta head on it but you usually have to push down o it to keep it in place I rather have it lock on.
IMG_3428.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like it would be fine for home use or carry in the trunk of a car for sure. Makita is a good brand. I actually carry a smaller rechargeable air pump in my handlebar bag as part of my "Oh Sh!t" kit. First saw it on Bolton Ebikes youtube vid. Bought one from him and then I bought a second one from Amazon at a slightly cheaper price for my second ebike. I've used it several times to top off my tires and it works fine. It is a little loud. But it has some good features and it works (for me).
Portable Air Pump.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWG4Y9P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like it would be fine for home use or carry in the trunk of a car for sure. Makita is a good brand. I actually carry a smaller rechargeable air pump in my handlebar bag as part of my "Oh Sh!t" kit. First saw it on Bolton Ebikes youtube vid. Bought one from him and then I bought a second one from Amazon at a slightly cheaper price for my second ebike. I've used it several times to top off my tires and it works fine. It is a little loud. But it has some good features and it works (for me).
View attachment 103154
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWG4Y9P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I thought about it but they look cheap and who knows what the life of the battery is? on the bike I have co2 and a backup hand pump those are reliable and I don't have to worry about the charge. this is for home us. plus with a 18v motor its fast I bet 4 car tires on one battery.

I got this one on Amazon for about 65 delivered and use it for my car and bikes. So far after a year or so, works great...
but if the battery dies you may never find another one. you could have gotten the ryobi for less and you can get a battery. the makita I don't have to worry about batteries or if it i still getting made. plus I don't have to have another charger sitting around and I have several batteries that work.

yup, been carrying that Makita in my cars for 6+ years. always works, always been reliable. and since all my tools are Makita I have a dozen batteries, so I just rotated one to the car every few months to be sure it is always fully charged.

I jsut dont trust batteries on a pump thaqt may sit for months without use on my bike and gets left out in the cold year around.

but if the battery dies you may never find another one. you could have gotten the ryobi for less and you can get a battery. the makita I don't have to worry about batteries or if it i still getting made. plus I don't have to have another charger sitting around and I have several batteries that work.
That's true, but for 60 bucks it's lasted a year and a half on 4 bikes and 4 cars. If it craps out now, I'm ahead of the game in the number of times I would have had to run to the gas station. Plus it seems to be holding a charge just fine. I only charge it once in awhile...

I debated on this guy I had batteries but I have had three switches fail on a ryobi sprayer. looks like spent mroe on a no name brand. its only 29 without a battery.

Back