Good Multi-Purpose Mid-Drive Class 3 E-Bike (E-mtb/Commuter) under $6k-ish

this one?

it has dual battery.

EX - Frey Bike
Ex has dual battery option but CC doesn't.

For anyone interested I found the bike below which seems like it might fit the bill. Now I just have to find a place to test ride it. Bosch gen 4 performance speed motor. SRAM SX components... wish the components were a step up or two for the price. But basically what I’m looking for.
954E3CFE-11B8-4593-A5A2-E293420CC5F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking for a mid-drive Class 3 E-bike (up to 28mph) that can be used as a mountain bike and commuter with a reliable mid-drive motor. I'd like to stay around $4K but willing to spend up to $6K for the right bike.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Too bad that Zen Samurai won't be ready until after summer. Or else, they are perfect for what you're looking for. We made certain changes that makes the bike capable for MTB'ing.
With the Gates drive and Rohloff E-14 and whole lot of other high-grade components, sandy terrains of NM should not be a problem. Your use case would have provided us a benchmark reference point.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/zen-samurai-diamond.34290/

You should be able to see some reviews of this bike from Electrek and Wired editors in a few months. When ready, it will look something similar to this.

1592105451206.png

But, since you're looking for something in the near future, that Cube might work well.

Seems like the OP would be a candidate for @Ravi Kempaiah's SUB if it were available.

Thanks for the mention here, Tom!

Frey might be a good off road capable commuter bike too.

Just add fenders.

CC - Frey Bike

I love my CC but it isn't very nimble, not sure I'd recommed it for any serious off road. The EX geometry is more suited for trails and you could deck it out with rack and fenders for commuting.

Back