Giant's RideControl app

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4210

Interesting reviews...

Yep, it's mostly useless but there's a diversity of apps that are available to supplement RideControl. After clipping on a BadAssBike 4 on my Explore E+ the Ride Control unit couldn't provide Speed or Distance data so I loaded a GPS app and mounted on handlebar. Notice the top speed my de-restricted Explore E+ on private property. I still had pedal assist at top speed. I think , under optimal conditions I could break 40 mph but 37 felt damn fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_37MPH.png
    Screenshot_37MPH.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 358
I just want the most accurate battery information, and maybe at some point be able to tweak assist levels - no other app will do that.

There are several good options for tracking ride data, but I still need the system info the Giant app is supposed to provide to me.

How can a company that makes such a great bike make such a s****y app?!

I just want the most accurate battery information, and maybe at some point be able to tweak assist levels - no other app will do that.

There are several good options for tracking ride data, but I still need the system info the Giant app is supposed to provide to me.

How can a company that makes such a great bike make such a s****y app?!
Ditto............!

It appears that Giant outsources it's software development. I wouldn't recommend that but it's very common and you need to contract with dependable developers that knows their stuff. There are a lot of software pretenders out there that are experts in marketing, hype and office politics but not their craft. I was in the trade for decades and worked with a multitude of successful know nothings. Giant did the right thing by going with a new development team. I think that's what they did but I really don't know . Hopefully Giant did a better job of contract review this time.

Back