Giant Stance E+

cleo1943

I bought a 2024 Giant Stance. This bike is great for mountain biking but I have a few complaints: first, the Giant official website specifically states that the bike comes with “aluminum platform pedals.” It came without pedals. I filed a complaint over the internet with the FTC and, as you might expect, I have heard nothing from the government. Secondly, there is no key for removing the battery as there is on my Aventon Level. It takes a tool called a T 25, which is not supplied. Then, the book slid a few inches after I leaned it against the wooden arm of my patio, and it ripped the thin plastic like paint off the bike! I know the price was great, but evidently Giant is trying to increase their profit by going cheap where they can. I feel like a big corporation is trying to rip me off.

I am sorry to say that but you have obviously bought an e-MTB Cleo without any clear understanding the e-MTB world.
  1. All premium e-MTBs come without pedals. It is because the pedals are as personal to an MTBer as a toothbrush is for anyone. Were stock pedals provided, the new owner would have instantly thrown them into the bin and installed own SPD or traction-pin platform pedals of preference. Were I working at the LBS, I would give you a pair of the cheapest aluminium pedals as a gift out of mercy...
  2. Unlike most of commuter, city or touring e-bikes where the e-bike battery is locked and opened by a key, many Electric Mountain Bikes have their batteries secured with a strong bolt (in your case it is unlocked with a Torx 25 wrench). The e-MTB is intended to be ridden on technical singletrack trails not in the city. There are shards of rock sprayed onto the e-MTB bottom. The rider often does jumps from the height of 6 feet! The last thing the rider would like to experience were the battery flying in midair because the keylock released the battery during the jump.
  3. I'm sure there is an instruction how to remove the battery.
Cleo, you bought a wrong e-bike type again. Before, you bought a Vado SL and then complained the motor power was insufficient for your legs. Right? Now, you have bought yet another e-bike that you shouldn't have, and are making a fuss because the government didn't provide the pedals... :D

1725523903599.png

Whichever way I look, I cannot find the Promised Pedals here :D

Last edited:
I am sorry to say that but you have obviously bought an e-MTB Cleo without any clear understanding the e-MTB world.
  1. All premium e-MTBs come without pedals. It is because the pedals are as personal to an MTBer as a toothbrush is for anyone. Were stock pedals provided, the new owner would have instantly thrown them into the bin and installed own SPD or traction-pin platform pedals of preference. Were I working at the LBS, I would give you a pair of the cheapest aluminium pedals as a gift out of mercy...
  2. Unlike most of commuter, city or touring e-bikes where the e-bike battery is locked and opened by a key, many Electric Mountain Bikes have their batteries secured with a strong bolt (in your case it is unlocked with a Torx 25 wrench). The e-MTB is intended to be ridden on technical singletrack trails not in the city. There are shards of rock sprayed onto the e-MTB bottom. The rider often does jumps from the height of 6 feet! The last thing the rider would like to experience were the battery flying in midair because the keylock released the battery during the jump.
  3. I'm sure there is an instruction how to remove the battery.
Cleo, you bought a wrong e-bike type again. Before, you bought a Vado SL and then complained the motor power was insufficient for your legs. Right? Now, you have bought yet another e-bike that you shouldn't have, and are making a fuss because the government didn't provide the pedals... :D

View attachment 181812
Whichever way I look, I cannot find the Promised Pedals here :D
It is not relevant to my point to say that bikes of this type come without pedals. The point is that Giant specifies that it does come with pedals. Secondly, I never owned a Vado nor claimed that I did. Thirdly, you made the claim that I bought the wrong bike. I researched the bike for months. I stated that the bikes worked well for its stated purpose: mountain biking. I thoroughly enjoy the bike, whether on the road or off. My complaints were about the false claim regarding the pedal and the piss poor paint job. My purpose was to make the community aware of these issues. Your pedantry and condescension are not appreciated.

It is not relevant to my point to say that bikes of this type come without pedals. The point is that Giant specifies that it does come with pedals. Secondly, I never owned a Vado nor claimed that I did. Thirdly, you made the claim that I bought the wrong bike. I researched the bike for months. I stated that the bikes worked well for its stated purpose: mountain biking. I thoroughly enjoy the bike, whether on the road or off. My complaints were about the false claim regarding the pedal and the piss poor paint job. My purpose was to make the community aware of these issues. Your pedantry and condescension are not appreciatedlve

It is not relevant to my point to say that bikes of this type come without pedals. The point is that Giant specifies that it does come with pedals. Secondly, I never owned a Vado nor claimed that I did. Thirdly, you made the claim that I bought the wrong bike. I researched the bike for months. I stated that the bikes worked well for its stated purpose: mountain biking. I thoroughly enjoy the bike, whether on the road or off. My complaints were about the false claim regarding the pedal and the piss poor paint job. My purpose was to make the community aware of these issues. Your pedantry and condescension are not appreciated.
I’ve never used what came with one , you can get a good pair with bearings on Amazon for 30 bucks, take a deep breath and move on,and enjoy the bike, Giant is a good bike co

Back